PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Combat against Vehicle & Infantry?

BlindGunn
05-26-2010, 11:41 PM
Hi. Just had a situation come up this last weekend I never had happen before.

Dark Eldar Archon with Retinue are charged by both an Imperial Assassin (the nasty one with the needle-glove - can't recall the name just now) and a Dreadnought. Assassin went straight for the Archon and the Dread hit my Incubi. Needless to say - Incubi, with only a strength 4 hit had a horrible time against the Dread - I couldn't roll a 6 until I rolled leadership tests all game. This went on for multiple turns.

(Usually the Dread would have destroyed my unit in one turn)

Re-reading the rules this weekend, I realized the Dread - though it still has a Weapon Skill, is a Vehicle, and according to the rules, I can walk away from vehicles in the next turn. I cannot be locked in combat with a vehicle (if I read this right).

Could I have walked away from the Dread (sparing further attacks against me from it) and then "charged" the Imperial Assassin in my next turn (not getting bonus attack as "the unit" was already in combat) as my Incubi would then have all been either in contact or within 2" of the conflict with the assassin?

(My theory is that if I could have ganged them all up on just the assassin, I might have killed him and been able to shoot the Dread in my turn.)

Nabterayl
05-27-2010, 12:15 AM
No - double check the walker rules and you'll see they are an exception; you can be locked with a walker in CC.