PDA

View Full Version : Ork Color Schemes

MoeDakka
08-10-2009, 09:50 AM
After building and painting a fair number of armies (CSM, Tau, and Space Wolves), I have a ton of spare bits. With all this scrap, I just had to start an Ork Mob. That being said, I'm stuck on what color scheme to use. I'd love to hear what other people are doing with their Mobz, to get my creative juices flowing.

Watching Paint Dry
08-10-2009, 10:57 AM
My orks follow the Goff colour scheme... mostly black with some red and checkers to add variety. Not terribly imaginative, but with some nice bright green skin it comes together nicely.

Mork
08-10-2009, 01:10 PM
My Boyz are mostly Evil Sunz so red with checkers, randon patterns and the usual orkish stuff, however that said I've also included a few mobs from the other clans, adding a few details to each mob to highlight the clan that they belong too Deathskulls having bits of equipment from a number of other races, Bad Moonz having fancy Shootaz and Blood Axes having camo uniforms etc. Not only does it allow you to have some fun painting up the different mobs but also makes it easier to tell who belongs to which mob in the heat of battle!

Ulag Grimskar
08-10-2009, 01:37 PM
My Boyz are also Evil Sunz and I use them exclusively, no uvver Klanz allowed!
That said, I use a fairly limited pallette of Red, Black as well as a dark and a light brown (based on Bestial and Bubonic Brown, respectively), of course lotz of metal, yellow symbols and sometimes armour and green for the skin. I try to paint not too large groups of models at the same time, and always use a different tone of green for the skin, to add more variation.
Every Mob is painted with this pallette, but all the boyz in the same mob have the same colour scheme, so for example red shirts, dark brown trousers and light brown accessories, so each mob has kind of a distint uniform to tell them apart in battle.
I also try to give different units features such as `Ard boyz all wearing some kind of black and yellow striped armoury.

Hope this gets them juices flowin...

Old_Paladin
08-10-2009, 06:56 PM
When I get around to painting them...
I plan on having my boyz be Bloodaxe's; different mobz will have different camo (urban for one mob, winter for another, jungle for a third, desert for a forth, etc.).