PDA

View Full Version : Razing of Prospero

Mr Mystery
09-17-2016, 02:07 AM
You're welcome.

And what do my Elf Eyes see?

Tartaros Terminators, MkII Power Armoir (could be MkIII of course), Custodes, Space Woofs.

Origin of pic unknown, but will keep a beady eye out for my next copy of WD.

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-17-2016, 03:07 AM
no Sisters of Silence?

Mr Mystery
09-17-2016, 03:39 AM
Doesn't look like it. There's smaller based models in the background which I can't make out properly. So, it could Sisters of Silence, but I'd have expected them to be more front and centre - so most likely Prospero Spire Guard.

Denzark
09-17-2016, 04:59 AM
Someone pointe dout how much the Custodes look like Sigmarites from AoS - then I thought... What if the Custodes will be retconned so actually they are stormcast eternals (or whatever the gold dudes are in AoS)?

CoffeeGrunt
09-17-2016, 05:00 AM
There's no reason GW would do that. It wouldn't make any sense. They're just Big Gold Dudes who happen to look like Those Other Big Cold Dudes.

Denzark
09-17-2016, 05:20 AM
When did everything in the plot make sense or have a reason?

grimmas
09-17-2016, 05:50 AM
The Realms are very much there own distinct setting now with its own set of magical "physics" it's not set in our Galaxy like 40K is. Though given the background Stormcast Eternals are more similar to Custodes than they are to Marines.

I'm with AX though Sisters of Silence are are important part of the Razing of Prospero so do need a model or too. They and the Custodes are in my mind part of the unique character of the HH setting (along with Primarchs and proper Astartes) so I'm quite excited for them.

Denzark
09-17-2016, 06:59 AM
Not to go OT - its just there always was, back in the day, debates about the links between the Warhammer World and 40K. Questions such as 'Is the warhammer world a planet in the EoT' etc. Now with the debate about draigo appearing in a AoS novel (iirc) who knows - big, gold, with shared visual cues custodes-eternals, is almost as sensible as GW can get sometimes.

I hope Prospero is not diluted by fitting in Spire Guard, Sisters etc - because the more factions in the box, the less of each there will be, so no cohesive starter army.

CoffeeGrunt
09-17-2016, 05:04 PM
I hope they allow some sort of Sisters of Silence kit to be released. They were strategically vital to conquering Prospero due to their Blank status, and as has been noted many times before on here, a few more wimmin wouldn't hurt 40K's lineup. :)

Denzark
09-18-2016, 08:55 AM
Separate release would be good- I always saw them as an elite anyway- mebbe a clampack?

CoffeeGrunt
09-18-2016, 12:22 PM
Can but hope, though I'd expect Sisters of Battle to be updated before they did a Heresy-era SoS kit. GW could surprise me though.

grimmas
09-18-2016, 12:40 PM
Ahem 30K old boy 😜

I'd say there's a much better chance for SoS, they have a definite role to play as opposed to being shoe horned into the fringes guarding churches like the SoB. They also haven't have a poor army release previously like the SoB. They should also be unique rather than coming over like a poor (wo)mans Space Marines. Sorry I always thought the SoBs were a little half arsed they could have done better with them like using the original RT fluff to make them a little more relevant to the setting.

Haighus
09-18-2016, 02:06 PM
Seeing as the SoS were pretty sparse to begin with, I could see them adding a single sister to the set as a clampack character maybe? With the job of providing psychic protection to this particular battle group, and having the sisters spread over the whole force to provide a shield of blank-ness.

CoffeeGrunt
09-19-2016, 02:29 AM
Yeah, IIRC they weren't really deployed en masse, but there was at least one Sister with each squad to nullify the Thousand Sons' sorcery.

grimmas
09-19-2016, 02:49 AM
They were definitely there though and were quite vital to the Loyalists battle. They were certainly shown as being deployed is squads alongside Astartes in other Novels. They probably aren't any rarer than the Custodes and along with the Custodes this was there major listed battle outside of the Siege of Terra during the HH. It would be a real shame if they didn't make it into models

CoffeeGrunt
09-19-2016, 03:53 AM
Yeah, this is as far as I was aware the biggest battle they took part in, (aside from Terra, when we get to it.) They really ought to get models here though.

I think it'd be cool to see them maybe operate in very small, elite teams with a, "Brotherhood of Anti-Psykers," kinda rule. They apparently crippled the Sons simply by being there, though I can't remember what sort of armament they had. Maybe they operate like budget Culexis Assassins?

grimmas
09-19-2016, 05:47 AM
I'd think that would fit rather well. In the HH art books they are armed with bolt weapons, ruddy great swords and the occasional archeotech looking flamer.