PDA

View Full Version : BA 'Ard Boyz Semis

Schnitzel
05-24-2010, 05:55 PM
As of today I am now invited to play in the semi's as one third round opponent from 'Ard Boyz forfeited his win to me as he realized he played a model incorrectly which may have very well been a game breaker. Had I beat him I would have placed third, but instead placed seventh. Now that he forfeited and gotten it approved, I am in fact third place and am on my way to the semi's, whenever and where ever they may be.

I've been toying around with a Dreadnought heavy list to take at 2000pts, and with an additional 500 points to play with I've worked it into a 'Ard Boyz list. There is only one troop choice for capturing objectives, but I feel very strongly that I can table my opponents with this list. I may drop a Death Dread for a Furiouso to make room for another scoring unit though.

Total Points: 2495
HQ
Astaroth the Grim

Elites
Furioso Dread w/ Frag Cannons
+ Drop Pod
Furioso Dread w/ Frag Cannons
+ Drop Pod

Troops
Death Co (x7) w/ Lemartes, 2 Power Weapons and 1 Power Fist
Death Co (x8) w/ Astaroth, 2 Power Weapons and 1 Power Fist
Death Dread w/ Blood Talons
Assault Squad (remove jump packs)
+ Drop Pod (coming on empty)

Fast Attack
Vanguard Vets; Power Weapon Sgt, 2 Power Weapon Vets and 2 Infernious Pistol Vets

Heavy
Stormraven w/Extra Armor (AC/MM)

The plan is to drop the two Furiouso's in my opponents back field to either clean out troops or pop tanks and act as a threat to draw fire away from my Stormravens as they Turbo Boost across the field.
Death Co and Death Dreads will then deploy and break their enemies like the little plastic men they are. Dreads may focus on popping tanks instead if I run across many. The Stormravens will then busy themselves with turbo boosting around and PotMSing to pop tanks or harass troops.
The Vanguard Vets will come down later within 6 inches of whatever target I feel is the biggest threat, pop a tank or transport if need be and assault the squishy contents.
The Death Co and Death Dreads are going into the Stormravens, and the Assault Squad is also going into a Stormraven or walking on from reserves.

If I were to drop anything to make point room for another Troop it'd be the Vets.

Hugz4Genestealers
05-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Yeah, the semifinal locations have definitely been posted on the GW website, FYI

Dingareth
05-24-2010, 06:39 PM
You should come up to Harrisonburg, I'm trying to get a carpool started from the NoVa/DC area.

Schnitzel
05-24-2010, 07:39 PM
You should come up to Harrisonburg, I'm trying to get a carpool started from the NoVa/DC area.

You heading to Adventurer's Guild for semi's? I just called in to reserve my placement today.

AbusePuppy
05-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Only having one scoring unit in the whole army is pretty likely to come back and bite you in the nether regions.

You didn't actually list the Stormravens, but I assume you're running them PC, MM, Storm Bolters.

Schnitzel
05-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Only having one scoring unit in the whole army is pretty likely to come back and bite you in the nether regions.

You didn't actually list the Stormravens, but I assume you're running them PC, MM, Storm Bolters.

Doh! Yeah, three Ravens. My usual. Assault Cannon, MM and Missiles. Hurricane Bolters are too expensive, but I do take an extra armor upgrade.

Dingareth
05-25-2010, 06:50 AM
You heading to Adventurer's Guild for semi's? I just called in to reserve my placement today.

Yes sir, still waffling on the army though. On your Storm Ravens, you may want to think about Hurricane Bolters, being only S4, they're a great compliment to the Assault Cannon when moving 12".

DarkLink
05-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Yes sir, still waffling on the army though. On your Storm Ravens, you may want to think about Hurricane Bolters, being only S4, they're a great compliment to the Assault Cannon when moving 12".

They are expensive, though.

Schnitzel
05-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Very expensive... Lots of shots though... Potentially 12 twin linked shots for 30 points... But the birds gotta survive the flight into closing distance... And then they might only get one round of shots off with it. I normally just fly flat out all over and melta tanks or AC troops after I dump my cargo.

I did drop the vanguard and one Death Dread for another Assault Squad and a Furioso. Added locator beacons to my drop pods in case I don't get first turn as well. Deep striking Stormravens onto beacons is purty. :P