PDA

View Full Version : 40k Shoping

Jozef Godhammer
05-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could get some links for the best places to buy Games Workshop products online. I know about War Store and they give 20% off but I saw a thread somewhere that said something about getting 40% off the G.W. prices at a U.K. online store. I wish I could remember where I saw this but oh well. So where do you all go for G.W. and hobby stuff online?

Thanks, Joe.

darthrex354
05-24-2010, 02:33 PM
never shopped there but wayland games seems really cheap

Herald of Nurgle
05-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Gifts for Geeks. It's a Leicester based store, which also sells online, with a 25% discount and a wide variety of stuff.

ggg
05-24-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm a Gifts for Geeks Guy as well. Good saving and they occassionally have free delivery if ordered by telephone.

(I do feel guilty going into my local store for games but buying over the net...)

Grimnar42
05-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Check out http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/ 15% off uk retail with one of their sales and free postage. They end up cheaper than my local GW by an average 35% for example Baal Predator local price $83 from Maelstrom Games Just under $45 plus free postage I usually wait for one of their sales and then buy up big and they have sales 5 to 8 times a year so not like you are waiting forever. Which reminds me got to get my order in for the current sale before the price rise 17.5% off. Of course how much you save also depends on the currency values at the time of purchase.

crazyredpraetorian
05-24-2010, 07:11 PM
http://www.battleforgegames.com/servlet/the-Army-Deals/Categories

I buy from these guys. It is a game store for gamers, ran by gamers. They have an add on this site and on Bols main page. Great service and great people.

The Mighty Git
05-25-2010, 06:49 PM
I've used chaosmailorder.com before, 20% off and free shipping for orders over $100. Made 3 ordes and was never disappointed.

Gir
05-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Check out http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/ 15% off uk retail with one of their sales and free postage. They end up cheaper than my local GW by an average 35% for example Baal Predator local price $83 from Maelstrom Games Just under $45 plus free postage I usually wait for one of their sales and then buy up big and they have sales 5 to 8 times a year so not like you are waiting forever. Which reminds me got to get my order in for the current sale before the price rise 17.5% off. Of course how much you save also depends on the currency values at the time of purchase.

+1

JonnyRoxtar
05-26-2010, 05:23 AM
The savings are nice, but I like going to my GW chatting with staff and punters. An extra couple of pounds is worth it for me to get that plus the goods immediately. I guess if I was saving a substantial amount in one order Id think about online buying, but Im pretty impatient when it comes to retail therapy.

MadCowCrazy
05-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Just checked out giftsforgeeks and eventhough they have 20% of RRP they are still more expensive than Maelstormgames simply because their postage costs are high.

I put up an order for a cadian battleforce, 44£ with 7.75£ postage to Finland.
I live on the Aland Islands which is part of Finland but not part of the EU taxation union which means everything sent here should be sent tax free. Allot of retailers do NOT do this.
GFG does have aland islands listed in country though but postage here would be 16.20£ or 13£ for surface mail which takes up to 8 weeks.
Ofc Id choose Finland as shipping country over Aland Islands anyday simply because it doesnt matter, I get it anyways.

51.75£ is what it would cost me.
49.50£ from maelstorm with free shipping.

There used to be a store that sold for 20% RRP with free shipping but they stopped sending things outside of the UK last year. I bought allot of stuff from them for cheap.

Herald of Nurgle
05-26-2010, 12:49 PM
I'd feel guilty too if it weren't for the fact that my 'F'LGS... is GW.

Grimnar42
05-27-2010, 04:55 AM
It would be interesting to get a list of the best known online retailers and set up some sort of rating system.
I have trolled around the net comparing prices of various companies and Maelstrom comes comes up trumps every time it is hard to beat that free postage. Other places might be slightly better in price but then loose the advantage when postage costs are factored in.