PDA

View Full Version : New Basilisk heavy bolters?

Lunar Camel
05-20-2010, 02:32 PM
I just bought three new release Basilisks. When I built them up, I couldn't find the hull mounted heavy bolter, just the heavy flamer. I tried contacting GW about this but have not received a response. Has anyone else run into this problem? How did you remedy it?

lobster-overlord
05-20-2010, 02:44 PM
It doesn't come with one. The Chimera is two sprues, the chassis and the body. The basilisk comes with the chassis sprue from the chimera. The heavy bolter option is on the Chimera body sprue. The basilisk comes with the IG Accessory Sprue which only has the flamer.

You only get that one option in that vehicle kit.

John M.

Lord Azaghul
05-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Just looking at Pics of the spreu online, I don't think the new kit comes with one...odd...

The HF is better option anyway. Its a nice quick way to kill outflankers, and most opponents don't see it coming.

I think you only option is to beg some spares from your friends.

Lunar Camel
05-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Guess you're right. Looking at the IG codex the heavy flamer is a free upgrade. Since they will be hull down most of the time, I don't think the heavy bolter will get much use.

Anybody have success with either option? Which is better? I would like to know before I convert a hvy bltr or attach the flamer.

Lord Azaghul
05-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Anybody have success with either option? Which is better? I would like to know before I convert a hvy bltr or attach the flamer.

On my artillary: heavy flamers every time! Most of the time you can't fire the HB or if you could they would be worthless too. Having a nice reasuring heavy flamer for when those Orks get too close! Or the specky outflanking SM scouts in the 4+ armour!

And unless I'm rocking a lascannon, I take HF on the Demolishers as well.

Lunar Camel
05-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Good to know. I think I'll go with the flamers.

@ Lord Azaghul: My fox likes your cat. They think alike.

Archon
05-21-2010, 11:46 AM
This is very bad for GW - the Heavy Bolter is a basic-piece in Codex: IG - you have the opt. to change to Heavy Flamer. This is very poor...

TSINI
05-23-2010, 06:33 AM
GW need to wake up and stop being jerks... no HB in a basilisk box set, more expensive... seriously.