PDA

View Full Version : Falling back moves --- Doubt

davitia
05-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Hello there!

I think I have a clear interpretation of the rule, but can you correct me if Im wrong.

Ok, while a unit is falling down for whatever reason, you have to continue falling back that unit "in each subsequent Movement phase" until it regroups.

The sentence "in each subsequent Movement phase" means that:
1. You have to move your troops falling back in your movement phases of your own turns
OR
2. You have to move your troops falling back in your own movement phase AND in your enemy's movement phase too.

I think its option 1, because you have the chance to regroup only in your turn. We always play with option 1.
What do you think guys?

BuFFo
05-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Option 1, without a shadow of a doubt.

Tynskel
05-20-2010, 12:44 AM
You are reading half a sentence...

p.45
the second half states 'will make further fall back moves instead of moving normally...'. Moving normally only occurs during your movement phase.

The second half of the sentence is referring to your own movement phase--- 'each subsequent movement phase... instead of moving normally'.

Nabterayl
05-20-2010, 02:06 AM
I concur with option 1, for the reasons Tynskel stated.

davitia
05-20-2010, 10:22 PM
I concur with that.

Here's another question.

Supose you have a unit falling back in the enemy turn.
Your enemy shoot that unit and makes 25% casualties.
As the rule says, troops who are falling back automatically fail all Morale checks, żdoes this mean that your unit have to make another falling back move?

I really dont think so, but I cant explain my friend why.

What do you think?:confused:

BuFFo
05-20-2010, 10:53 PM
As that has never happened to me, and without the book in front of me, from what you told me, I would say yes.

Take my opinion with a pinch of poop cuz I am just going off of the information you are giving me.

Nabterayl
05-20-2010, 11:01 PM
I would say yes. As page 45 says, "Units make a fall back move immediately upon failing a Morale test. In each subsequent Movement phase, they will make further fall back moves instead of moving normally."

So you have a unit that is already Falling Back. During your enemy's turn, enemy shooting forces that unit to take a Morale test. It fails the Morale test (automatically, for the reason you state), and must then immediately make a Fall Back move. During your next turn, you would test to Regroup (subject to the normal Regrouping restrictions), and if you did not Regroup, instead of moving normally, you would make yet another Fall Back move.

Lerra
05-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Yes. It's a very handy way of getting enemy scoring units an extra 2d6" away from wherever they want to be.