PDA

View Full Version : blood angels dante/vangaurd ???

Sinistermind
05-18-2010, 09:32 PM
ok now this may sound stupid but i wanted to double check, if i use dante in a deepstriking vangaurd vet squad, can i use his rule that allows me to not scatter, and then do a intervention by charging the vets in and leaving dante behind???

Nabterayl
05-18-2010, 09:55 PM
No. Dante can only separate from the vets at the end of the Movement phase, and even then only if he is more than 2" away from the vets or within 2" of another unit (to which he may attach, leaving the vets). Thus, you can't even Deep Strike in and Run Dante out of coherency with the vets (because that happens in the Shooting phase, when you aren't allowed to move him out of coherency as he's still part of the unit).

However, you totally can declare a Heroic Intervention with Dante attached to the vets and use his no-scatter ability.

Sandman2663
05-18-2010, 10:39 PM
However, you totally can declare a Heroic Intervention with Dante attached to the vets and use his no-scatter ability.

EPIC FAIL :eek:
Please read the rules on Heroic Intervention BA codex p27.
Last sentence - 'This ability cannot be used if an independent character has joined the VVS.'

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

synack
05-18-2010, 11:23 PM
epic fail :eek:
Please read the rules on heroic intervention ba codex p27.
Last sentence - 'this ability cannot be used if an independent character has joined the vvs.'

check yourself before you wreck yourself.

qft

Sinistermind
05-18-2010, 11:26 PM
ok thanks alot everyone, i dont know why i didnt think about it that they can only seperate during movement phase...

DarkLink
05-19-2010, 10:27 AM
EPIC FAIL :eek:
Please read the rules on Heroic Intervention BA codex p27.
Last sentence - 'This ability cannot be used if an independent character has joined the VVS.'

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

While you are right, check your attitude. We're all supposed to be friends here.

Alrik_40000
05-19-2010, 11:02 AM
While you are right, check your attitude. We're all supposed to be friends here.

And a big "Thank you!" to DarkLink there... We ARE supposed to be friends, or if not friends, at the minimum a community of people who have at least one thing in common, a game we love to play. In a year or so of coming to this forum, I think this is the first time I've seen someone call a poster down about insults or bad attitude.

To Sandman: The poster is apparently new to 40k, and lacks your obviously extensive knowledge of every facet of this game. I mean, I'm sure that after a few quick 500-point games, and flipping therough the codices casually, you have learned all there is to know about Warhammer 40,000. I'm sure you rule the tables at you local game store and defeat all who oppose you. Not everyone has this kind of all-encompassing knkowledge that you posess. If you REALLY must have your internet **** stroked, how about loaning your expertise to the less tactically-inclined among us, that you may be praised for the brilliant general you so obviously are? :rolleyes:

If you can't ask a question without fear of having your virtual head bashed in, then why come here at all?

UltramarineFan
05-19-2010, 12:00 PM

Meh, sounds exactly how I would say it to my friends lol

Nabterayl
05-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Yes, my mistake. I should have re-read the rule rather than trusting my memory. To rephrase DarkLink's point, though, we aren't all friends on the internet, which is why it's important to be more courteous than usual. Perhaps if I was Sandman's friend I'd know that he didn't mean to be rude at all, and perhaps if every other reader of this thread were also Sandman's friend, they'd also know that. But I'm not, and they're not.

Sandman2663
05-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Understood. Late night post. I apologize.

And a big "Thank you!" to DarkLink there... We ARE supposed to be friends, or if not friends, at the minimum a community of people who have at least one thing in common, a game we love to play. In a year or so of coming to this forum, I think this is the first time I've seen someone call a poster down about insults or bad attitude.

To Sandman: The poster is apparently new to 40k, and lacks your obviously extensive knowledge of every facet of this game. I mean, I'm sure that after a few quick 500-point games, and flipping therough the codices casually, you have learned all there is to know about Warhammer 40,000. I'm sure you rule the tables at you local game store and defeat all who oppose you. Not everyone has this kind of all-encompassing knkowledge that you posess. If you REALLY must have your internet **** stroked, how about loaning your expertise to the less tactically-inclined among us, that you may be praised for the brilliant general you so obviously are? :rolleyes:

If you can't ask a question without fear of having your virtual head bashed in, then why come here at all?
You hurt my feelings. I am gonna tell on you.
Nah, it is easier to say: 'You're a git...'

Meh, sounds exactly how I would say it to my friends lol
It is how I talk to my friends...

Yes, my mistake. I should have re-read the rule rather than trusting my memory. To rephrase DarkLink's point, though, we aren't all friends on the internet, which is why it's important to be more courteous than usual. Perhaps if I was Sandman's friend I'd know that he didn't mean to be rude at all, and perhaps if every other reader of this thread were also Sandman's friend, they'd also know that. But I'm not, and they're not.
Meant no offense.

DarkLink
05-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Understood. Late night post. I apologize.

No worries:). Forgive and forget and all that. It's easy to sound rude on the internet when you don't mean to;).

Tynskel
05-19-2010, 01:10 PM
No worries:). Forgive and forget and all that. It's easy to sound rude on the internet when you don't mean to;).

Hey, send me some of that lovin' sometime...

DarkLink
05-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Hey, send me some of that lovin' sometime...

Consider it done:). It's hard to broadcast a joking attitude across the internet a lot of the time, so I apologize for sounding... I guess combative is a good word for it... towards you at some times.

Tynskel
05-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Them's Fightin' Words!
Let's have at it!

::Yrraaaagh:: ::bat:: ::pow:: ::biff:: ::zing::

'Combative' may be my middle name.

Here we go
My full name:
Tynskel Non-combative Troll

or TNT for short (fuse).

Alrik_40000
05-19-2010, 03:31 PM
You hurt my feelings. I am gonna tell on you.
Nah, it is easier to say: 'You're a git...'

You're a git.... LOL

Yeah, maybe I laid on the sarcasm a bit heavy. Apologies here as well. Everyone wanna group hug? :D

To quote the immortal Doc Holliday, "There.... Now we can be friends again!"

Torcano
05-21-2010, 09:25 AM

What? Why do you need to be someone's friend to understand the English language? Unless you are from a non-English speaking country it is more than obvious he meant no offence. When someone says the phrase "check yourself before you wreck yourself" and instead of laughing you take offence, you seriously have to re-evaluate your dosage of chill pills to see if its enough. :p

More than that, he even had smilies in his post! How you can say that someone posting with smilies and hilarious phrases is being rude is way beyond me.

To Sandman: The poster is apparently new to 40k, and lacks your obviously extensive knowledge of every facet of this game

So wrong it hurts. Sandman was responding to Nabterayl, not the OP. I really don't think someone with over 1600 posts is "new" to the game. The reason he jokingly said "epic fail" was for this reason, clearly.

Anyways, to the OP: you know that all Blood Angels jump infantry get the Descent of Angels rule? Well even without Dante those Vets are still only going to scatter 6" max, almost guaranteeing they will be in charge range. (Not sure if you were more interested in the no-scatter or Dante himself ;))

DarkLink
05-21-2010, 11:10 AM
So wrong it hurts. Sandman was responding to Nabterayl, not the OP. I really don't think someone with over 1600 posts is "new" to the game. The reason he jokingly said "epic fail" was for this reason, clearly.

I'm pretty sure there was some sarcasm involved here;)

Sandman2663
05-23-2010, 08:48 AM
What? Why do you need to be someone's friend to understand the English language? Unless you are from a non-English speaking country it is more than obvious he meant no offence. When someone says the phrase "check yourself before you wreck yourself" and instead of laughing you take offence, you seriously have to re-evaluate your dosage of chill pills to see if its enough. :p

More than that, he even had smilies in his post! How you can say that someone posting with smilies and hilarious phrases is being rude is way beyond me.

Thanks for getting my back Torcano.

Duke
05-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Great, now that we are getting eahothers back, who has mine? Here is what I can offer for my "back getter"
- an appreciation for the word "awesome,"
- a long annotated history of ant hills in the pacific northwest.
- many, many, many jokes about twilight, full-moon, eclipse... Etc.
- several jokes about my baals (predators)
- $3