PDA

View Full Version : 1750 Points of Deathguard

ChaosPhoenix
08-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone,
I didn't play Chaos in the 5th edition yet and I might need some help. So c&c is welcome and needed ;-)

HQ

Typhus
- 225 pts.

Daemon Prince - MoN, Wings, Warptime, ugly green paintjob
- 175 pts.

Elites

5x Terminators - MoN, 2x Powerfist, 1x Chainfist, Heavy Flamer
- 230 pts.

Troops

7x Plague Marines - 2x Flamer, Icon, Champ w. Powerfist, Rhino
- 251 pts.

7x Plague Marines - 1x Flamer, 1x Melta, Icon, Champ w. Powerfist, Rhino
- 256 pts.

7x Plague Marines - 2x Plasma, Icon, Champ w. Powerfist
- 211 pts.

Heavy

2x Obliberators (Nurgle Drones)
- 150 pts.

Vindicator
- 125 pts.

Vindicator
- 125 pts.

- Total 1748 pts.

Typhus is in, because... just because. I like the model and if I happen to play against someone too cheesy, he'll be exchanged for another winged prince or Mamon. The plasma squad stays home and holds an objective, everything else moves out. The Terminators with Typhus go to where they're needed, probably killing high str. anti infantry weapons and I try to keep him away from Thunderhammers / Powerfists. I could drop the Vindicators and/ or the DP for more Plaguemarines and Obliberators, but I don't know.

I really want the terminators to deepstrike, although thats not optimal. Thats why they've got powerfists and ranged weapons. I would switch to lightningclaws with a landraider, but it doesn't fit in pointwise. I would throw them away, but then I would have noone to accompany my beloved fluffy Typhus. I try to make the best of those not optimal units. Any ideas will help :)

What do you think?

Latro_
08-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Typus and terminators are a big pts sink and personally I dont rate them as very competative. For the pts you could have a daemon prince and three obilterators, ask ya self whats more scary... :P

Most DG lists run two daemon princes with warp time.

Plague marine units are nice, I'd stay clear of mixing spec weps and have 2 squads with meltas and one with flamers. If you intend to keep an expensive PM unit back to hold an objective then ye gonna be losing games. I'd give them a all rhinos too.

Vindicators are inferior to obilterators by a mile. I'd have a min of three obilts, maybe more if ye feeling evil. Personally I have three and a close combat scary number of attacks defiler.

ChaosPhoenix
08-10-2009, 03:02 AM
Yeah, you're right I give up. I'll make a normal Plaguemarine list and drop Typhus and his Terminators. Thanks for the input :)