PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Commander Sprues

Nabterayl
05-17-2010, 04:04 PM
This is another obvious why-doesn't-anybody-in-my-group-play-space-marines question, but I have a question about the space marine commander kit (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat180005&prodId=prod1050240&rootCatGameStyle=). Does anybody have a list of what wargear options it contains? Or in the alternative and at a minimum, does it have options for a thunder hammer/storm shield captain?

superhappyrobot
05-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Here's a link that shows all the stuff that comes in the kit:

http://www.thewarstore.com/SpaceMarineCommanderBits.html

No option for TH/SS. You can get a SS in the Assault Squad box, a TH in the Death Company box, and both a TH and SS in the Space Wolves box.

Nabterayl
05-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Thanks.

eriochrome
05-17-2010, 05:46 PM
The shield in the assault box is generally considered a combat shield.

Mike X
05-17-2010, 07:32 PM
The shield in the assault box is generally considered a combat shield.

Aye, the shield in the assault box has a bolt pistol "strapped" to the other side.

plasticaddict
05-17-2010, 07:55 PM
You can also look at WFB bits, shields and hammers abound in Fantasy and can be used to make your Charcters look unique.

Nabterayl
05-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Just for my own edification, is there a separate storm shield bit on any of the "standard" sprues?

Mike X
05-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Just for my own edification, is there a separate storm shield bit on any of the "standard" sprues?

There are no shields of any kind in the SM Commander box.

Lerra
05-17-2010, 09:25 PM
I second the recommendation to look for Fantasy parts for awesome looking SS/TH. Dwarves in particular have some mean looking shields and hammers.

PalinMoonstride
05-18-2010, 01:23 AM
The dark angel veteran box has a storm shield too, if i'm not mistaken.

AirHorse
05-18-2010, 05:04 AM
I used an assault terminator sheild to give my terminator librarian a stormshield, was very easy since its just a hand swap. Would also be really easy to remove the hand part from the shield itself too. Obviously depends if you want a shield that looks the same as your terminators though :P

phoenix01
05-18-2010, 05:46 AM
Aye, the shield in the assault box has a bolt pistol "strapped" to the other side.

Actually, no. The shield in the Assault Marine box is a Storm Shield, albeit a different form from those in the Assault Terminator box. It is more similar in form to the Storm Shield in the Space Wolf Pack box. Of course, you can call it a Combat Shield (but why would you want to?)

The shield with a bolt pistol strapped to the inside is in the Space Marine Command Squad box (it is the Company Champion Combat Shield/right arm bit).

Lord Azaghul
05-18-2010, 06:36 AM
I picked it up at the same time I got my battle force box. It just has a lot of great options and can easily be spread into the rest for your army. I think one of the only things I didn't use was the combi-plasma.

UltramarineFan
05-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Actually, no. The shield in the Assault Marine box is a Storm Shield, albeit a different form from those in the Assault Terminator box. It is more similar in form to the Storm Shield in the Space Wolf Pack box. Of course, you can call it a Combat Shield (but why would you want to?)

The shield with a bolt pistol strapped to the inside is in the Space Marine Command Squad box (it is the Company Champion Combat Shield/right arm bit).

Sorry but it really isn't. The one in the assault squad box is a combat shield because an assault squad sergeant can actually take combat shield, can't take a storm shield so why would it be in the box? The reason it doesn't have a bolt pistol attached is because when it was released it was the previous codex where if you took a combat shield you lost the bolt pistol.

codiddy
05-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Sorry but it really isn't. The one in the assault squad box is a combat shield because an assault squad sergeant can actually take combat shield, can't take a storm shield so why would it be in the box? The reason it doesn't have a bolt pistol attached is because when it was released it was the previous codex where if you took a combat shield you lost the bolt pistol.
yeah sorry, Phoenix, but thats a combat shield in the assault box.

Mike X
05-18-2010, 04:43 PM

Actually, yeah, you're right. I forgot that the assault box technically comes with a storm shield (which was allowed in the previous codex), but now counts as a combat shield.

In my army, the the assault squad sergeant uses a combat shield I bits ordered from the command squad box.