PDA

View Full Version : Audio Books

joescalise
05-17-2010, 05:46 AM
I cannot be the only person who hates these audio books. I can understand making them, but why not release them in paper also. According to black library they have no plans to ever release them in paper.

This sucks.

RogueGarou
05-17-2010, 06:00 PM
While I would rather read a book than listen to a book, I do not think I could make myself read another Goto or Thorpe book. Except perhaps as some sort of twisted penance for a crime too vile for me to even imagine and probably not even then. :)

But seriously, having the audio books and the Horus Heresy chapbook in a collected works paperback would be very nice. Otherwise, I don't think I will be getting those stories. Come on, let's see the print on demand thing give us those stories, guys.

Mike X
05-17-2010, 08:30 PM
I cannot be the only person who hates these audio books. I can understand making them, but why not release them in paper also. According to black library they have no plans to ever release them in paper.

This sucks.

The reason they don't release them in paper is because they wouldn't be book or novels, they'd be pamphlets. The audiobooks run roughly 90 minutes, which is around 20 pages of material. I've seen coloring books thicker than that.

wittdooley
05-17-2010, 09:15 PM

This sucks.

Except that isn't true. Heart of Rage is in the Book of Blood which you can get from BL online.

But yeah, they'd amount to maybe 30 pages of print.

Valkerie
05-18-2010, 12:13 AM
The reason they don't release them in paper is because they wouldn't be book or novels, they'd be pamphlets. The audiobooks run roughly 90 minutes, which is around 20 pages of material. I've seen coloring books thicker than that.

The obvious solution, of course, would be to publish the audio books as a collection of short stories. Of course, then they'd have to wait until they had enough stories to fill out a couple of hundred pages.

robertsjf
05-18-2010, 11:45 AM
I cannot be the only person who hates these audio books.

You, good sir (I assume), are no way alone in your loathing of the "Audio Book Only" format. Not alone at all.

razcalking
05-18-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm still hoping some brave, foolish soul will transcribe Raven's Flight.