PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels Librarian Dread

wittdooley
05-16-2010, 02:14 PM
So... Should I paint him red, or stick with the traditional blue?

Opinions?

DarkLink
05-16-2010, 03:15 PM
That's an excellent question... I say silver and gold and use him as a GK dread in the new codex:D!

Seriously, though, I think blue with some red would be appropriate. As I recall, Librarians still have some chapter markings, even if most of their armor is blue. Same thing here, I think.

wittdooley
05-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Yeah... I'm so torn..

With a Libby in armour, I can stomach the other color, because it's smaller. But a dread will be a GIANT blue block in my booootiful red army!

Decisions decisions.

bad moon on afull moon
05-16-2010, 03:48 PM
u could do the main section in red but give it a blue psychic hood and/or fist, something along those lines might work, or u could try one of the visual psychic conversions like a flaming dred fist or lightning and just paint the dred red, so its clear hes a libby dred since hes got lightning flying from his fist :D

Shadow Queen
05-17-2010, 05:17 AM
Red with a blue pad.

I did black with a blue pad on my Iron Hands. http://derina-ironhandsandmorethings.blogspot.com/2010/05/iron-hands-libby.html

Valhallan42nd
05-17-2010, 06:41 AM
Just paint him red. That way, you can switch out the arms on him in case you need to change to a normal furioso.

wittdooley
05-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Just paint him red. That way, you can switch out the arms on him in case you need to change to a normal furioso.

Brilliant. This is what I"m doing.

05-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Personally, having used the Venerable Dread kit, I painted the vehicle body red, but then painted any part of his exposed power armour blue. I was a bit concerned it'd look a bit silly at first, but I'm actually quite pleased with how it turned out. :)