PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Down Under!

imperialsavant
08-09-2009, 05:41 AM
:)
G'day Folks from Moruya on the South Coast of NSW Australia!
Although only a small town (under 8000 People) we have a very active Games club that plays twice monthly plus pick up games at members homes.
I help run the club & have been playing for about 9 years now coming to the hobby lateish in life (58)
I have about 6000 pts Black Templars, 3500 pts Sisters, 4500 pts Valhallan 597th with Caiphus Cain, Daemonhunters with Grey Knights & Witchhunters Inq.
We play normal 40k, Cities of Death, Apocalypse & have just started Planetstrike.
I have been on Bols for some time now & really enjoy the site!

Look forward to interacting with you all!:)

Regards Barry H.

Abominable Plague Marine
08-09-2009, 05:47 AM
G'day Barry, great to have another Aussie onsite, see you around and hope to see some of your wares.

imperialsavant
08-09-2009, 05:53 AM
;) Thanks for the welcome, mate.
Where in Oz are you??

Abominable Plague Marine
08-09-2009, 06:15 AM
Perth, though orginally from Darwin. I was in Syd 2008 for the High Lords of Terra tournament, missed out this year though with any luck will be there again next year.

Are all those miniatures painted? So what got you into the hobby then?

Bigred
08-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the Lounge imperialsavant! Its always nice to have some Aussies with us. Take a look at the Australia local forums, and feel free to carve out a little kindom in there for any of your playgroups if you wish.

Aims
08-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Welcome to the Lounge.

imperialsavant
08-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Perth, though orginally from Darwin. I was in Syd 2008 for the High Lords of Terra tournament, missed out this year though with any luck will be there again next year.

Are all those miniatures painted? So what got you into the hobby then?

:) Oh Yeah! I just wont put an unpainted model on the Table!
I got into the hobby when my sub teen grandsons (I was a child "bride" afterall!) started building Space Wolves & Orks to play at a club in Armidale & roped me in on one of my Christmas visits to help them paint. I remember the amazement "Ahrr! you paint better than we can Grandpa!"

Anyway when they moved to Moruya when my daughter got a posting to the local High School I thought I had better get an Army together to play against them. As they say, the rest is History.

My Avitar is one of my Templars but I will try to attach a couple of pics of my other stuff. Not sure how much is allowed?:confused:

imperialsavant
08-09-2009, 07:45 PM
:
Welcome to the Lounge imperialsavant! Its always nice to have some Aussies with us. Take a look at the Australia local forums, and feel free to carve out a little kindom in there for any of your playgroups if you wish.

:) Thanks for the welcome Bigred!
Its great to be part of the Bols Community & congratulations on the site & for starting the Lounge!:cool: