PDA

View Full Version : outpost XIII

archimbald
05-16-2010, 10:51 AM
hey one and all , i am planning to do my own version of the outpost XIII featured in an recent white dwarf and was wondering if yous could help. i am thinking of making it able to be used as either one big terrain piece or several smaller pieces but as of yet am undecided in how to do it
im looking for some inspiration regarding it and am wondering if yous could pease post some of your Cities of Death or Planet strike (yes i know it wasnt in one of the games but hey?!!) terrain or link me to any cool pics of it

thanks, timm

Playa
05-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Hey,

i am planning to do my own version of the outpost XIII featured in an recent white dwarf

That seemed the perfect example of a project for terrain builders that get paid by the hour *and* get their materials for free. I'm pretty sure the materials and labour costs represented by that pic was in the thousands of dollars.

am undecided in how to do it

Okay, assuming you're not stupid rich, build-up an Outpost XIII 'base' with Foamcore, one of those Administratum building kits (for the big door), and an Aegis Defence Line for battlements. Then crown the thing with an intact Bastion model that can be used as a separate terrain piece.

Just make sprue 'locator' bosses for the Aegis bits, so they can be used independently, too. This would let you use 1, 2 or 3 pieces for a single terrain model if you like, and you can probably get it together for under a hundred bucks.

HTH

Playa