PDA

View Full Version : Results of 'Ard Boyz!

Tynskel
05-16-2010, 12:47 AM
How'd it go? Do people have any epic stories to tell?

Force21
05-16-2010, 01:08 AM
Hmmm....

lets see.....

A Ministorum Priest was attacked by Lysander & a Power fist Sternguard Sgt in one assault phase....

6 wounds....

6 made 4++ saves...:D

then he murdered Lysander & the whole 10 man Sternguard squad... with the help of a few Sgts with power weapons...

3rd round....

in that round 15 Lascannons Pen. one of my Leman Russes all it lost was is battle cannon...

but now I want to know when the next round is at...I got 3rd Yay IG blobs!

BuFFo
05-16-2010, 02:51 AM
Just a quick fyi, there is a thread about this in the tournament forum.

On a side note, I must say, that I probably had the three best games in recent memory yesterday. Just an awesome, all around great event.

sergentzimm
05-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Light showing in my area. Chaos marines took first, I took second with deamons and third went to Tyranids.

I have to say the third mission was BS. I was playing the tyranid player who went total KP denial. He had 11 KP total with 5 monstrous creatures. Stupid. I nearly wiped him off the table but still only tied. Very frustrating.

Other than that it was a cool day with some interesting armies. I got to play against a BA army with three stormravens. He made the mistake of dropping out his death company with Lemartes out in front of Fateweaver, who had a bodyguard of bloodletters. They wiped the bloodletters then on my turn I turned lemartes into a chaos spawn and breathed the death company out of existence.

Fun day considering I only had to deal with one DB all day.

Sir Biscuit
05-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Tournament forum? What?

Dingareth
05-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Scroll down on the main forum index... I'll say that I played 2 flawless games and one where I deployed horribly, but still managed to almost table the guy for a Major. Easily my three best games in a while, even if the last one got rocky towards the end.

Grey2321
05-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Here's an epic one that I think I'll remember for a while to come...

In the first round my opponent shot his Boyz at a terminator squad that was already down to 3 men (Sgt, CML, and Chainfist). The Sgt died from the shooting, leaving only the 2 alive, which he then charged. Long Story short, and lots of dice rolls later, the Terminators had won combat by 1.

BuFFo
05-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Tournament forum? What?

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Third forum on the list.

DarkLink
05-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Here's an epic one that I think I'll remember for a while to come...

In the first round my opponent shot his Boyz at a terminator squad that was already down to 3 men (Sgt, CML, and Chainfist). The Sgt died from the shooting, leaving only the 2 alive, which he then charged. Long Story short, and lots of dice rolls later, the Terminators had won combat by 1.

My Grand Master and retinue multi-charged a couple of ork squads. The orks took out the retinue, but the GM was left alive with a single wound.

He wins combat, and the orks run away (off the board, as this was next to my opponent's table edge).

Feeling gutsy (and with nothing else to do with him), I charge him straight into another mob of orks. He cuts down a bunch, and chases them off the board, too.

My Grand Master served me well, even if no one bothered to use any psychic powers on me for me to use my psychic hood against:rolleyes:.

Melissia
05-16-2010, 03:41 PM
That's so damn suitable for a Grandmaster though. Frankly that's kinda what you'd expect out of them, and it's good to see them deliver.

Tynskel
05-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun, I wish I could have gone. I always liked 2500 points! (then again, I like almost any point value...)

DarkLink
05-16-2010, 09:48 PM
That's so damn suitable for a Grandmaster though. Frankly that's kinda what you'd expect out of them, and it's good to see them deliver.

Yeah, especially since I just converted him to give him a sweet plasticard storm shield that looks like an =I= symbol, with a GK sword and book symbol over it.

Unfortunately, Stern let me down. He utterly failed to force weapon Gazgul:(.

joescalise
05-17-2010, 05:52 AM
5 shots on a Carnifex with bolt pistols, hit will all, rolled 5 6's and he rolled 5 1's and 2's. I thought I was going to SH*T myself. It was great. I would never believe it if I did not see it myself. Still lost :(

keithsilva
05-17-2010, 11:31 AM
5 out of 6 pathfinders is range to shot a thunderfire cannon, 2 hit :mad: and one gets a 6 he fails his cover save cannon goes bye bye. Vyper targets last one with missle hits takes the last one out due to failed cover save all in turn one. :D