PDA

View Full Version : Telion's Eye of Vengeance

Paradox
05-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Hi all,

I have another question, which like my last post on reserves vs combat squads, has probably been done to death before, be here I go anyway.

Telion's 'Eye of Vengeance' rule. The only difference it states to normal shooting is that the shooting player is able to allocate the wounds (from Telion) instead of the 'receiving' player.

However, I'd expect that the shooting player still has to follow all the normal allocation rules, ie, no double of wounds on the same models in a unit prior to all models receiving a wound each. Which would mean that you can't try and pile both Telion inflicted wounds on the same model, be it a sergeant, joined IC or special weapon.

Further, I'd expect that this wound allocation is completely separate to the owning players wound allocation (with the other scouts shots) as there is no priority between the two players in allocation.

Is this he general consensus?

(side note, not only do I read it this way from primarily from the rules, but the fluff IMO supports this with him taking out two separate tau leaders in what seems to be a suggested 'pair' of shots. Disregard the fact that these leaders probably have 'multiple wounds' :P)

Sir Biscuit
05-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Yes and yes, though there's not really a hard rules answer.

Every time I've seen him played, it's done like this: shoot the unit, assign Telion's wounds normally, then assign the rest of the units wounds following the normal rules for allocation. So no, no "doubling up" wounds on a single model. He gets to assign the wounds, but not ignore the allocation rules.

Paradox
05-17-2010, 04:54 AM
Cheers

Baron Spikey
05-18-2010, 08:24 AM
So Telion really is a poor man's Vindicare? Damn.

Cruor Vault
05-18-2010, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't really call him the "Poor Mans Vindicare" more like way cheaper and far more effective little brother. seriously, against like half the armies around today he is a better choice and a Vindicare!

Baron Spikey
05-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Except he isn't even half as good at sniping as the Vindicare of course.

Cruor Vault
05-18-2010, 01:53 PM
How is he less effective? He has a better BS, 2 shots, cheaper, wounds most things just as well as a Vindicare, is scoring, has 4 ablative wounds (the scouts), and doesn't require a inquisitor Lord.

Sure the Vindicare can fire his special rounds, but come on. Most times a rending Bolt round is enough, and against light armored low T targets Telion is far superior.

Baron Spikey
05-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Unlike Telion the Vindicare has only 2 firing restrictions- LOS and Range

He can shoot his own troops, fire into combats and anything else no one else in 40k can do as long as he can see them and they're in range.

Paradox
05-19-2010, 06:20 AM
I wouldn't be calling him the 'poor man's vindicare'. Thats not the role he's meant to be taking.

If you want a vindicare, you take a vindicare (and everything that goes with it). A very good unit.

Telion, however, is a relatively cheap addition to a scout squad, and thats how i'd measure his worth IMO; by what value he adds to that unit.

The one similar rule doesn't draw to them being directly compared.

Cheers to everyone for their opinions and input.

Baron Spikey
05-19-2010, 07:48 AM
Oh absolutely I'd take Telion before the Vindicare because of his other benefits, but when it comes to sniping he's not worth it compared to the Vindicare (now if they could just make the Exitus Rifle better, maybe Heavy 2, I'd be so happy).