PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Guard vs Blood Angels 1750pts

Ferox448
05-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Hi, 3rd battle report from Hong kong! Just want to initially say sorry for the sound quality, everyone in the store apparently has a hearing problem so they all like to shout while they talk when they are standing right next to each other, and then there was drilling going on upstairs! ARGH! Very exciting and close game, hope you enjoy it!

My friend and I are also starting a BA army together, hence all the proxies, we've bought 80% of the models, but until they are painted and assembled he's using his space pups as proxies while we take our army for a test drive. So technically I won too since it's also my army. :P

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1AersQ9lZk

Tynskel
05-15-2010, 06:09 PM
I watched the video-- looked like a fun game. Always liked Marbo!

A comment: P.96 of the Guard Dex: Platoons count as one FOC listing. You make one roll for reserve, and one roll for outflanking-- the ENTIRE Al'rahem platoon comes in from one board edge. I couldn't quite tell, but it looked like you came on from multiple board edges.

This is so your platoon acts like a cohesive force- which rocks- as opposed to the 4th edition codex where everything came in piecemeal.

Ferox448
05-15-2010, 11:49 PM
Interesting, but I sort of disagree. The way I read it, I do indeed roll collectively for reserves, but not outflanking which you roll for individual units (Rule book pg 94). As platoon squads operate as individual units, they roll individually for outflank.

I prefer to come in on different board edges anyway, so I can reinforce my flanks and get them on the right side most of the time thanks to the astropath.

xanoasucy
05-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Great video! I really enjoyed it, usually the problem I have with video reports is the guy doing the turn by turn wrap up sounds like a robot (no emotion, monotonous tone) but you seemed very enthusiastic and it added a lot to the game. If this is your first of many keep 'em coming!

Ferox448
05-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Thanks haha! This is actually my third this month, feel free to check them out on my channel :)