PDA

View Full Version : KFF question

RampageRabbit
05-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Ok, I know that the KFF gives all units a cover save of 5+ around it, however the codex wording seems to make a specific and different effect for Vehicles.

"The KFF gives all units within 6" of it a 5+ Cover save. Vehicles within 6" are counted as being obscured."

^ Paraphrased. Ok, now I assumed vehicles got a 5+ cover save until I read the following in the rulebook:

Rulebook page 62: "If a special rule or a piece of wargear confers to a vehicle the ability of being obscured even if in the open, this is a 4+ cover save, unless otherwise specified in the Codex."

So does a Kan, for instance, in KFF range get a 5+ cover save or a 4+ cover save? Technically Kans fall under "all units" but does that overwrite what the rulebook says, being that this effect is "otherwise specified in the codex"?

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I tried to search for it and gave up when all the first posts were things from other forums.

codiddy
05-14-2010, 10:52 AM
your kans get a 4+ if they are within the KFF.

Nabterayl
05-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Strictly speaking, a kan is Obscured if it is within 6" of a KFF, and the entire squadron gets a 5+ cover save if at least one kan is within 6" of the KFF. If at least half of the kans in the squadron are within 6", the entire squadron is entitled to a 4+ cover save; otherwise, the 5+ cover save applies.

DarkLink
05-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Strictly speaking, a kan is Obscured if it is within 6" of a KFF, and the entire squadron gets a 5+ cover save if at least one kan is within 6" of the KFF. If at least half of the kans in the squadron are within 6", the entire squadron is entitled to a 4+ cover save; otherwise, the 5+ cover save applies.

Bingo.

codiddy
05-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks for providing the more thorough answer, mine was typed up very quickly.