PDA

View Full Version : US Price Increase

TheBitzBarn
05-12-2010, 08:28 PM
There will be a Price Increase in the US new pricing takes effect May 31st

They list all the product line and first 145 items are LOTR and the increases are almost all on metal blisters going form 22 to 24.75.

Some Highlights
AOBR for to 90 Dollars that is crazy pricing that is an increase of 15 dollars
Battle Missions goes to 29.00
Catachans go to 24.75 ? why?
CSM go to 37.25
Codex's go to 29 form 25.00
Predator goes to 44.50
Land Raider goes to 62.00
Defiler - 62.00
Vindicator - 44.50
Wraithlord - 44.5
Wave serpent - 44.5
Cadian's - 24.75
Tactical Squad - 37.25
Assault Squad - 29.75
Ironclad - 44.50
Ork Boyz - 24.75
Battlewagon - 62.00
Hammerhead - 44.5
Skyray - 44.50
Army books - 29.00

Those are the highlights

I hope this does not make people freak out

Robert

lobster-overlord
05-12-2010, 08:32 PM
That's a 50% increase on AoBR in 2 years. starting at $60 US and now $90? Granted it's a great value, but to price it out of the range of the younger set to hook them in is rediculous.

Honestly, I'm glad I pretty much everything I need to own for every incarnation of the armies I play.

john M.

Schnitzel
05-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Thank goodness I own just 'bout everything I need as well. Looks like shopping at 20% discounts online will bring me close to shopping GW prices, then compared to now that is. Buggah.

HsojVvad
05-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Maybe it's time to quit the hobby. I dont mind them raising prices, but just plain greed pisses me off. Blackreach starting at $60 and now it's $90, Falcon that. That is just plain greed.

Guess I will tryout Ebay and see what it's all about now.

Brass Scorpion
05-12-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm very happy I have large numbers of some of these more expensive kits already, most of them acquired at discount through bundle deals, trading, eBay and flea markets. For someone just starting out it will be a lot tougher now to build a large collection. Certain models will seem cost prohibitive after this increase, even to Warhammer "addicts". $62 for a Land Raider or a Defiler is steep.

I hope this does not make people freak out It will.

eldargal
05-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Not sure why the US need a price rise (at least the British one makes sense given the situation here and in Europe). As for AoBR, it has gone from underpriced to reasonably priced, for what you get. Use the little country changer toggle thing on the GW website and compare priced with some other countries, US still has it cheaper (seventy pounds or one hundred and three USD for AoBR in Australia, possibly more in New Zealand I heard).

TheBitzBarn
05-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Maybe it's time to quit the hobby. I dont mind them raising prices, but just plain greed pisses me off. Blackreach starting at $60 and now it's $90, Falcon that. That is just plain greed.

Guess I will tryout Ebay and see what it's all about now.

Greed is Good Greed Make people try new things and make new things SO please DO not knock Greed. Unethical Greed like Madoff is Bad but a Public Company wanting to make more $ is what they should be doing

Commissar Lewis
05-12-2010, 11:33 PM
To quote a great man, Ohgren:

" By the ***s of my ancestors!"

Seriously, another price increase? There was one last year; they can't possibly be hurting that bad for cash. This is just asinine. I remember when I started several years ago the price was a bit steep, but no worse financially than video gaming. Now... I dunno.

Looks like alternate sources of acquisition for me, as in independant retailers and such.

Bigred
05-13-2010, 12:02 AM
It looks like roughly 700 items are affected with price increase ranging from $0.25 to $15. The largest price increase bands are in the $2-4 areas.

But hey 1 item went down in price: Epic bases!!!

Gir
05-13-2010, 12:47 AM
Hope there isn't an Australian price increase. Our stuff is already 25-50% more expensive then it should be.

DadExtraordinaire
05-13-2010, 01:28 AM
There will be a Price Increase in the US new pricing takes effect May 31st

They list all the product line and first 145 items are LOTR and the increases are almost all on metal blisters going form 22 to 24.75.

Some Highlights
AOBR for to 90 Dollars that is crazy pricing that is an increase of 15 dollars
Battle Missions goes to 29.00
Catachans go to 24.75 ? why?
CSM go to 37.25
Codex's go to 29 form 25.00
Predator goes to 44.50
Land Raider goes to 62.00
Defiler - 62.00
Vindicator - 44.50
Wraithlord - 44.5
Wave serpent - 44.5
Cadian's - 24.75
Tactical Squad - 37.25
Assault Squad - 29.75
Ironclad - 44.50
Ork Boyz - 24.75
Battlewagon - 62.00
Hammerhead - 44.5
Skyray - 44.50
Army books - 29.00

Those are the highlights

I hope this does not make people freak out

Robert

Bitzbarn can you please proivde full list breakdown of the 145 items - thanks in advance.

As for other countries expect price increases of a similar nature. Times are difficult for all businesses during this current difficult economic climate and, some of the kits / sets do need a price alignment compared to others....

Doesn't freak me out but was expecting it and I would expect another sometime later on possibly next year.

HsojVvad
05-13-2010, 05:38 AM
Greed is Good Greed Make people try new things and make new things SO please DO not knock Greed. Unethical Greed like Madoff is Bad but a Public Company wanting to make more $ is what they should be doing

Coporate greed is good? A public Comapny wanting to make more money? Are you kidding me? For lots of public companies, even private ones, 10 million profit is not good enough, they need 20 million then. So instead of 10 million profit many people have to loose thier jobs just so they can get that little bit more.

No that is unethical. Many families ruined. Many people left workles, just so a few people can have a little bit more moeny. So instead of everyone doing well, and a few people having 10 million dollars, now many people have to do with out, so the few people can have 15 million now? Now that is being selfish and unethical.

Many companies make so much money, but they have to squeeze and make people suffer, so they can get a little bit more. That my friend is unethical.

But then again, as Eldargal said, some will quit, some will come back, GW don't care, they keep getting fresh blood all the time it dosn't matter, they keep getting moeny.

So now there is 3 constants in the Universe. Death, taxes and GW raising prices.

Lord Azaghul
05-13-2010, 06:20 AM
This is just dumb.:mad:
Now I hope that 8th edition fantasty sucks, so I don't even want to buy the main rule book.
Go bankrupt already GW.

Madigan
05-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Other than a few bitz purchases from the War Store (and paint), I'm glad I've already bought all the major GW items that I'll need for the next few years.

Well... I might buy the new plastic GK terminators later in the year (if they exist)...

Price hikes suck, but business is business...

NockerGeek
05-13-2010, 09:15 AM
The AoBR price jump boggles me the most. It's their introductory product, the one that gets people hooked and gets GW's foot in the door/hand in their wallet. It's the product that you want to be the most affordable for new players. Spiking the price up to $90 has a good chance of pricing someone who's curious and wants to give the game a go out of the hobby before they're in it.

Brass Scorpion
05-13-2010, 09:27 AM
AoBR price jump boggles...I would tend to agree for the reasons stated above. So would a lot of others.

Have you watched this video on the topic from Beasts Of War? It's surprisingly interesting and says the same thing about Core starter set pricing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqwnwJQrHSk&feature=player_embedded#at=1232

By the way, good job Loungers for keeping this discussion civil. Two threads on this topic have already been locked on Dakkadakka for getting terribly uncivil.

ratgirl
05-13-2010, 09:28 AM
The AoBR price jump boggles me the most. It's their introductory product, the one that gets people hooked and gets GW's foot in the door/hand in their wallet. It's the product that you want to be the most affordable for new players. Spiking the price up to $90 has a good chance of pricing someone who's curious and wants to give the game a go out of the hobby before they're in it.

That would be my concern with the price hike on the intro set. I would think it would be a good business plan to get the intro set as inexpensive as possible to get people involved. Obviously we all love their products and are willing to pay for them, but if you have to lay out over $100 to get started that may turn people away, especially kids who are trying to get their parents to lay out the money.

Just my opinion.

HsojVvad
05-13-2010, 09:32 AM

I think I figured out why AoBR price increase. The box is not getting fresh blook into the GW stores. I believe it did what it could, and that was most of the 40K players bought AoBR instead of fresh blood, so with all the 'vetreans' or people who are already in 40K picked up AoBR for the great deal, like me, instead of getting new people into the hobby.

So to cut their losses since no fresh blood is buying the boxset they increased the prices for people who are already in 40K and want to start a new Ork or SM army.

Well it's a guess, otherwise it boggles my mind too. Why disencourage new people into their hobby. I guess not that AoBR is almost the same cost of a battleforce boxset, it will make people buy those instead now. Again, why turn of new potential customers from getting into the hobby. I know I would never ever get into GW when a beginers box set costs $100 Canadian. I got into it when it was about $50. Now the price is doubled since 3rd edtion? That is what, 1995 or so? So while the battleforce box sets went up about 25% from when I first started, the begininer set costs double? WTF?!

Fizzics
05-13-2010, 09:41 AM
An already expensive game keeps getting more so.

I know they are getting huge profit margines already... We need a break.

denethor
05-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Two things...

Price adjustments happen every year and have for at least the past 4. (That's what I can remember from my time with the company, but they more than likely happened on regular intervals before.)

Look at any well put together and sizable board game and you're paying around $100. If there are expansions to it (a la Descent) you will be paying $50-$60 per expansion. The price isn't that unreasonable for an intro set.

IMO people are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Sad part is it will happen even if they lower prices on things.

Wathapend2urfase
05-13-2010, 09:42 AM
I agree GW is starting to be greedy. Although most might just consider i am hurt because I am one of the many many staff that was let go because the company "wasn't making money." Truly though they were making plenty of money, they just weren't having the increasing trends like they were in previous years. Obviously though it is better for a company to give more jobs and take a hit in a poor economy than to take away jobs and make a small (but insignificant) increased profit, because when the economy turns back around their customers and staff will still be loyal, and customers will see that as a company you are in it more for the value of the hobby than for just making an extra buck.

But you never know; I am probably just some disgruntled ex-employee.

BlackKnight15624
05-13-2010, 09:45 AM
It makes sense, given that after the restructuring of the company in 2008 and the subsequent price increases, GW experienced significant growth (~GBP9mil (2009) vs. ~GBP2.5mil (2008)).

The problem is that now that they have the company back on a growth pattern, a seemingly unnecessary (to the consumer) price increase, in my opinion, would be detrimental to said growth.

Like has been said, the UK price increase is understandable, given the economic situation and the current value of the GBP. Unless GW has an explanation for this that's logical and clearly thought out, I'll be jumping ship for the time being. I've got everything I need for several solid games into the future.

HsojVvad
05-13-2010, 09:51 AM
I think GW is hurting. From that, yes they got huge profits, but if you really read into it, most of their profits are from spin offs, like DoW II games and other stuff that others make. So they are really not making that much profit from their minis.

What boggles me, is if GW just wants fresh blood, because the vetreans already have everything and will not be buying anything new, why not 1) lower the prices so they will buy something, and 2) CHANGE. It's been the same Falcon story line now. Only tidbits change. Why not make some radical changes so people would want to buy new things.

Everything is SM, SM, SM. Why not try and make a new poster child for them, or is 40K basically SM and that's it, and they do not like change? No wunder they want fresh customers all the time. They don't really do nothing new.

If GW was a movie, it would be bascially a remake every 4 years. At least something like Star Wars, they always add something new and exciting all the time. That is why Star Trek has gotten stale in the movies. It was the same thing over and over again, nothing really new. So 40K is like Star Trek. It's always the same every movie, same characters one or two things new but same old story. At least Star Trek did something new and tried to reinvent it's self even though I didn't like it. Then again, ST didn't reinvent it self for people like me, they wanted fresh new fans. GW is not doing this, it's just the same old same old, over and over and over again. And they wunder why people do not buy other products.

HsojVvad
05-13-2010, 09:56 AM
I agree GW is starting to be greedy. Although most might just consider i am hurt because I am one of the many many staff that was let go because the company "wasn't making money." Truly though they were making plenty of money, they just weren't having the increasing trends like they were in previous years. Obviously though it is better for a company to give more jobs and take a hit in a poor economy than to take away jobs and make a small (but insignificant) increased profit, because when the economy turns back around their customers and staff will still be loyal, and customers will see that as a company you are in it more for the value of the hobby than for just making an extra buck.

But you never know; I am probably just some disgruntled ex-employee.

No you are not a disgruntled ex employee. You are talking the truth. We all see GW spits on us no matter how long we are in the hobby for, how much money we gave them and supported them.

I walk into the store to chat a bit, after spending alot of moeny, well alot from my stand point, and as soon as some new comes in, swooosh, they leave me, and hover over the people who come into the store.

I swear, one day I will come into a GW store, pretend I have no idea what it is, and make them sweat trying to sell me something. Ask them why they are so expensive, and say I can go to the dollar store and buy plastic army men for alot lot cheaper, and the quality almost as good.

BlackKnight15624
05-13-2010, 10:01 AM
I swear, one day I will come into a GW store, pretend I have no idea what it is, and make them sweat trying to sell me something. Ask them why they are so expensive, and say I can go to the dollar store and buy plastic army men for alot lot cheaper, and the quality almost as good.

I did that last week. They couldn't come up with any sort of decent answer beyond "Oh, these models are far nicer," and "That's a lot of metal for 20 dollars" (Referring to an Ork Weirdboy).

Yeah...

NockerGeek
05-13-2010, 10:11 AM
I think I figured out why AoBR price increase. The box is not getting fresh blook into the GW stores. I believe it did what it could, and that was most of the 40K players bought AoBR instead of fresh blood, so with all the 'vetreans' or people who are already in 40K picked up AoBR for the great deal, like me, instead of getting new people into the hobby.

So to cut their losses since no fresh blood is buying the boxset they increased the prices for people who are already in 40K and want to start a new Ork or SM army.

There's probably something to that line of thought. In our gaming circle, there's probably been 4 or 5 AoBR boxes purchased, but only two were for players who were brand-new to the game. The rest were purchased and split between an Ork player and a Space Marine player to bump up their numbers and to grab another copy of the mini-rulebook. I imagine the mini-rulebooks might be part of the issue as well. Why buy a $50+ hardbound rulebook when you can pay $10 more to get a more portable rulebook, dice, templates, and minis that you may just turn around and sell on eBay? GW may be hoping that new players will decide to go with the rulebook and battleforce instead.

I still think it's a poorly-thought-out decision on their part (although it's not like they have a stellar track record as it is), but I guess I can see their logic if I skew my thinking just so.

Lord of Deeds
05-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Look at any well put together and sizable board game and you're paying around $100. If there are expansions to it (a la Descent) you will be paying $50-$60 per expansion. The price isn't that unreasonable for an intro set.

You’re comparing apples to oranges. Board games are designed to be one off purchases and are not “intro sets” with “expansions” capitalizing on a particular games popularity, but not required for further play. AoBR and BfSP are intro sets that explicitly state and try everthing they can to give the customer the impression that they are only of limited value and a way to “try” the game before investing the literally hundreds of dollars more needed to field an army at the nominal point value against an opponent who has also spent hundreds of dollars to field an opposing army. In other words, for $100 I can purchase a FFG Board game for 2 to X number of players that we can play over and over never having to purchase anything ever again. Even if I was to buy every expansion for Descent, my gaming group will have spent far less than what would be spent on just two people playing a miniature war game.

IMO people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

It is not a mole hill if the issue is something that is leading people to quit a hobby they have poured their heart and soul into not to mention the quite literally hundreds of dollars and hours spent on the various aspects of the hobby.

Sad part is it will happen even if they lower prices on things.

Remind me the last time GW lowered any price from the previously advertised RRP. Also I haven’t seen many people complain about lower prices.

Melissia
05-13-2010, 10:38 AM
It's already cheaper to go the forgeworld route for many Sisters vehicles... looks like I'm not going to be buying vehicles from them any time soon.

Lord of Deeds
05-13-2010, 10:43 AM
It makes sense, given that after the restructuring of the company in 2008 and the subsequent price increases, GW experienced significant growth (~GBP9mil (2009) vs. ~GBP2.5mil (2008)). .

Don't mistake an increase in revenue for growth. GW did not grow, they increased their prices twice that year by double digits and decreased their expenses. There actual sales volume was down in all regions particularly in the US and Europe (excluding the UK). This trend was confirmed in their most half year report. The store operation changes (going to one man stores, reduced hours, closing or relocating stores to locations with lower rent, lower stock on hand) combined with another double digit price increase (never mind the soft price increases such as gold swords) appears to be desperate moves by GW to shore up profits so they can report another profit despite the adverse effect such policies are likely to have on the long term.

renton13
05-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Its basic economics. The price of goods is whatever the market will bear. By increasing prices GW believes that that they can make more money by selling fewer models. One could make the argument that the models are UNDERPRICED considering that previous increases have not resulted in sufficient reduction in the demand to make price increases inefficent for GW.

The only people to really blame for the situation is ourselves. Our demand for GW models has proven inelastic for a number of reasons (sole source or mini's for the game, draconian sales policies, rabid fan base, etc). This allows GW to cram any and all increases in their costs down on their customers.

Solution? Stop buying mini's. Its really the only way to slow down price increases. If GW sees a greater than expected decrease in sales it will make them less likely push through another increase in the future. Clearly they watched the impact of price increases over the last few years and feel the decrease in sales was worth it. You can argue that the current system screws us and you're most likely correct. We're the consumer and we're in control. No one makes us buy anything. This isn't food or water its not a necessity to life to life on this planet.

I don't disagree that it sucks. I know I will be buying less mini's as a result (tac squad for almost 40 dolllars? We are starting to approach 4 bucks for a plastic marine) but unless the demand for GW mini's falls off a cliff as a result of these increases, expect another increase next year.

Melissia
05-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Basic economics is never enough to explain a situation. We do not live in a perfectly capitalistic soceity, something which we should all be thankful for.

Melissia
05-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Holy ****dog on a crapstick batman!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 260 (23 members and 237 guests)

Geeze. That's the most I've ever seen on a single thread.

Wathapend2urfase
05-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Don't forget in this past year GW has fired the GM of North America (along with a lot of other higher ups in baltimore), a bunch of staff members, and they have closed down a bunch of stores and opened new ones to be operated by one guy. That one guy is going to have to run events, sell product, make sure no one is stealing, and give hobby advice. No one is going to shop at those stores when they realize that if it is busy they won't be tended to unless they are buying product.

I see this huge change GW made as a last push before they close the retail side in North America. Honestly the independent retailers have made GW more money than their actual stores do. So all I have to say is support your local and favorite store, whether that be a GW or not. In the end though I don't think GW retail is going to make it through the North American gauntlet.

I definitely won't be shopping at GW anymore because of how i was screwed over. Also I'd rather get 20 percent off.

A HUGE BLUNT
05-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Games Workshop is their own worst enemy

ashnaile
05-13-2010, 01:33 PM
What boggles me, is if GW just wants fresh blood, because the vetreans already have everything and will not be buying anything new, why not 1) lower the prices so they will buy something, and 2) CHANGE. It's been the same Falcon story line now. Only tidbits change. Why not make some radical changes so people would want to buy new things.

I cant stand that whole, veterans have everything spiel, i have 6 armies over 3k atm, and would like to finish my nids up to that level and start 1k sons to finish and have all of it (im more into the modelling and painting aspect than playing nowadays). But things like this, while not having a large financial impact on me, still will keep me from buying anymore of their product firsthand on principle.

wittdooley
05-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Gas Prices:

2003 - $1.51/ gallon
2010 - $2.75/ gallon

82% increase

Predator
2003 - $35
2010 - 44.50

26% increase

Tac Squad

2003 - $30
2010 - $37.50

25% increase

Man, we're getting a deal with our hobby products that are made using petroleum.

Lord Azaghul
05-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Gas Prices:

2003 - $1.51/ gallon
2010 - $2.75/ gallon

82% increase

Predator
2003 - $35
2010 - 44.50

26% increase

Tac Squad

2003 - $30
2010 - $37.50

25% increase

Man, we're getting a deal with our hobby products that are made using petroleum.

Any one got a 25% increase in pay over the last 6 1/2 years?

wittdooley
05-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Sarcasm + internet = confusion. My bad. I was only half serious with the post. I'm not super pissed about it; it just means I'll have to budget my spending more accordingly.

Lord Azaghul
05-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Sarcasm + internet = confusion. My bad. I was only half serious with the post. I'm not super pissed about it; it just means I'll have to budget my spending more accordingly.

No biggy.

I'm just annoyed because I feel gw is taking advantage of its customers, and really failing to up hold the quality rules end of the bargain.

And lets be honest, it is really, really hard to stop buying these products.

But I want to make a conscious effort too now.

Wise Ol Bird
05-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Any one got a 25% increase in pay over the last 6 1/2 years?

Of course. Didn't you?
A 4% increase per year gives more than 25% in 6 years.

Also, basic econ explains a great many things, provided one understands how the market determines value. That part isn't so easy in many cases.

lobster-overlord
05-13-2010, 03:08 PM
One would think that GW was going to price itself out of the market. But how can they when they ARE the market? In reality, they have no decent competition (yes, there are other games, but none are as large, nor have the following world wide) so they can price them however they want and still sell boat-loads.

Dorsai
05-13-2010, 03:18 PM
The thing that really needs to happen is for some competition to GW. If this were to happen, then they woud think twice about raising prices. Of course, the way they go after anybody that does anything related to their products, this isn't going to happen. For crying out loud, they won't let peole that make comics about 40k make an money off the comics.

The investors are going to run their business right into the ground. Somebody needs to buy them out.

Lord Azaghul
05-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Of course. Didn't you?

Also, basic econ explains a great many things, provided one understands how the market determines value. That part isn't so easy in many cases.

I think its more like between 1 and 3% annually, but expendatures (basics) are increasing at a faster rate then income.

I expect my cable bill to go up 1-3% percent a year. I don't expect my toys to increase 10-15% in cost almost every 9 months. And given how nearly EVERYTHING but my pay went up last year by more then 3% this increase is just plan insulting.

Blah, its GW business model...so whatever...I can only vote with my dollars. :cool:

andyfish
05-13-2010, 03:30 PM
It will be interesting to see if prices increase here in NZ. At the ,moment the USD and Pd is really high compared to the NZD. Most friends who are into the hobby are buying from overseas stores who offer good discounts or free/low postage.

Even with an increase it is still cheaper for us to order from overseas.

AoBR retail conversion
NZD $132.00 USD $95.00 GBP $65.00

While working the price back the other way means that AoBR
GBP $55.00 new Price NZD $112
USD $90.00 new price NZD $$126.00

So if we do have an increase of AoBR it may go up to $145-150. Still making it cheaperfor us to get from overseas.

GWAus will take a real hit if they raise prices by the same percentage down here and unfortunately the independants will feel the pinch more than GW. Our local stockist only takes orders and stocks the bare minimum for his shelf. As the nearest GW store is nearly 3 hours away many of the younger kids who attend our club don't go there.

It's easy for people to say Don'y buy but everyone still does, the only good side to GW raising prices is that other Game Company's get the chance to show of thier product and this is where you guys in the Northern Hemisphere are so much better of than us.

Wise Ol Bird
05-13-2010, 03:36 PM
I think the phrase 'Your mileage may vary' is apt.

renton13
05-13-2010, 03:52 PM
One would think that GW was going to price itself out of the market. But how can they when they ARE the market? In reality, they have no decent competition (yes, there are other games, but none are as large, nor have the following world wide) so they can price them however they want and still sell boat-loads.

There is always a price point beyond which GW will lose too much money due to loss of customers. Clearly GW doesn't feel prices are at that point yet hence the increase.

Melissia
05-13-2010, 04:02 PM
No, my average pay has gone up from six dollars an hour to seven.

Commissar Lewis
05-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Honestly, the way GW is pricing itself, there needs to be a black market for Gw minis. Imagine, a guy on a street corner in a trench coat, throwing it open revealing Space Marines, Orks, and Eldar models.

" Hey man, I got Space Wolfs here! Or Tyranids, or Eldar Guardians!"

Police would pull people over, search them, and ask "sir, is this an Ork Warboss in your pocket?" " No man, that ain't mine."

Note: above post made as a joke. I do not advocate purchasing of goods through illicit and underground markets.

HsojVvad
05-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Of course. Didn't you?

Who the heck gets a 4% raise? Just curious, where did you learn your math? I thought 6X4 is 24, so how would that be more than 25% then? :eek::D:p

*edit* oops, I was wrong again. Yup it is just over 25%.

Melissia
05-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Not quite. That assumes that you get 4% of what you had when you started.

100 -> 104
104 -> 108.16
108.16 -> 112.4864
112.4864 -> 116.985856
116.985856 -> 121.66529024
121.66529024 -> 126.5319018496

So a 4% increase every year for six years would net you roughly 26.5% more than what you started with.

edit: Of course, if you're getting THAT much of a pay raise, quite frankly you're actually quite lucky...

Milquetoast
05-13-2010, 06:15 PM
This is what I got in the old email box.

I approve and sent it on to customer service. I hope you guys do the same!

Copy, add your name to the bottom and email to GW customer service. If we get enough people in on this, maybe something will happen...

*My whole gaming group supports this!
-Unkle Jack

To Whom it may concern:

I'm writing to let you know that I am very disappointed in Games Workshop for even considering another price increase. I've been a consumer of Games Workshop products for 10 years now and have accumulated 6 fully playable armies in that time. I've not only purchased models to create these armies, but I've purchased White Dwarf magazines, paint, every codex you've created and a number of accessories to make my battlefields more realistic. All of this adds up to thousands of dollars spent.

At this point, however, I think I am at the end of the road with regard to my relationship with Games Workshop. I was fully intending on starting a Blood Angles army (my 7th army) and when finished with that, moving on to either Inquisition or a second Chaos army- but with these price increases, I won't be buying Games Workshop products anymore. In my opinion, Games Workshop is no longer interested in making a great game for people to enjoy. Instead, GW is only interested in squeezing the fanbase for every single bit of cash GW can get. And I am simply not going to be involved with this anymore. While this letter doesn't seem very intimidating, I want you to know that I am not alone. Below are my friends with whom I've played 40k, BFG and Apocalypse for years. They are quitting too. And, unless you back down from this insane increase of your prices, others will follow.

Please consider what I have written. Because when I quite buying GW, I'll be selling my armies off and buying into Warmachine and possilby Flames of War. Not only will you lose my purchases, but you'll lose sales from the people who buy my armies- they won't need to buy anything from you as my armies are complete. Then, to add insult to injury, other companies will be getting my dollars and the dollars of my friends- which will further erode your market share.

Again, stop this price increase. Seriously.

Signed,

John Doe
Stackhouse
Hatchett
Chadwick
Big Josh
Fluffy_Loving_Teddy_Bear
Milquetoast (...List keeps growing, *****es!)
Unkle Jack*
Tom Tom*
Killahell*
Tiger Style*
LostinSpace*
Gobstopper*
Demeerz*
Gordon Aaron Gordon*
Psycho Mike*
Bourbontime*
Sixsystems

wittdooley
05-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Yes, I absolutely think the usernames of a bunch of random people online will cause the people at GW to cringe.

DarkLink
05-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Frankly, GW has every right to do whatever it wants with its product. They can set whatever prices they want, release what they want, and they have no need to have any regard for what we want from them.

We, on the other hand, have the right to spend our money wherever we want. If you don't think GW offers good prices, then don't buy from them. It's as simple as that.

There's no reason to "feel disappointed in GW" for this. GW is under no obligation to base its business practices off your own personal preferences. GW doesn't owe you anything. GW simply produces a product, and if you like it, you buy it.

This is one of those "I might not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it" things. We have no right to determine GW's policies for them, nor do we have any right or reason to expect them to do exactly what we want them to. GW, and GW alone, is in charge of their business.

If they choose to raise prices at the cost of losing customers, that's their prerogative, and no one else's. But if no one buys their product, then too bad for GW.

HsojVvad
05-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Not quite. That assumes that you get 4% of what you had when you started.

100 -> 104
104 -> 108.16
108.16 -> 112.4864
112.4864 -> 116.985856
116.985856 -> 121.66529024
121.66529024 -> 126.5319018496

So a 4% increase every year for six years would net you roughly 26.5% more than what you started with.

edit: Of course, if you're getting THAT much of a pay raise, quite frankly you're actually quite lucky...

D'OH I forgot about that.

Well when I had a job, (company closed down last year, still looking for work) we were lucky to get a raise of 50 cents, wich was about 2% raise, and then for a year we didn't get a raise. Now no job.

HsojVvad
05-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Frankly, GW has every right to do whatever it wants with its product. They can set whatever prices they want, release what they want, and they have no need to have any regard for what we want from them.

We, on the other hand, have the right to spend our money wherever we want. If you don't think GW offers good prices, then don't buy from them. It's as simple as that.

There's no reason to "feel disappointed in GW" for this. GW is under no obligation to base its business practices off your own personal preferences. GW doesn't owe you anything. GW simply produces a product, and if you like it, you buy it.

This is one of those "I might not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it" things. We have no right to determine GW's policies for them, nor do we have any right or reason to expect them to do exactly what we want them to. GW, and GW alone, is in charge of their business.

If they choose to raise prices at the cost of losing customers, that's their prerogative, and no one else's. But if no one buys their product, then too bad for GW.

Actually we do have a right. Alot of people supported GW when they were down. Alot of people spent thousands, even 10 of thousands of dollars on GW. They have every right to expect GW to treat them fairly. But GW policy is, frack you we got your moeny, go away, we need to talk to fresh blood now.

That is no way to treat your customers. We have every right to expect to be treated nicely from GW. The thing is GW dosn't have to reciprocate our feelings. Maybe you should be saying we have no legal rights for them to lower their prices, but morally, GW should be taking care of it's customers and workers, wich they don't.

Jiggs
05-13-2010, 09:01 PM
40k has introduced me to some of my best friends I've ever known, playing 40k has created some of the funnest experiences I've ever had, 40k has been my favorite hobby and has sparked my imagination like never before, and 40k has been my life. But I just can't do it anymore GW, money is getting to tight. I've been a loyal customer and huge fan for the past 4 years I wish I could continue playing 40k for the rest of my life but I just don't believe I can go any further.

TheBitzBarn
05-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Coporate greed is good? A public Comapny wanting to make more money? Are you kidding me? For lots of public companies, even private ones, 10 million profit is not good enough, they need 20 million then. So instead of 10 million profit many people have to loose thier jobs just so they can get that little bit more.

No that is unethical. Many families ruined. Many people left workles, just so a few people can have a little bit more moeny. So instead of everyone doing well, and a few people having 10 million dollars, now many people have to do with out, so the few people can have 15 million now? Now that is being selfish and unethical.

Many companies make so much money, but they have to squeeze and make people suffer, so they can get a little bit more. That my friend is unethical.

But then again, as Eldargal said, some will quit, some will come back, GW don't care, they keep getting fresh blood all the time it dosn't matter, they keep getting moeny.

What you said made no sense at all. How does GW wanting more profit cost people jobs? Cause they use technology and cut the Trade Sales staff to 4 and create an online order system? GOOD they have too many of them to start with and you can almost never get hold of them and an Online system is better for Trade account. I want to find a way to make 10 million and if i did I would then see iff I could do things more efficiently and if that meant laying off inefficient employees or using tech to replace them so be it. That is Capitalism and THANK GOD for it. When you get laid off do not cry get new skills. No squeezing to make more Money for your shareholders is not Unethical Cheating, Lying, Misrepresenting your business, Anderson accounting, Madoff investments THOSE are unethical Laying off inefficient and replaceable people is Smart business

BuFFo
05-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Because when I quite buying GW, I'll be selling my armies off and buying into Warmachine.....

LOL

Wait till he finds out this game is just as expensive as 40k.

TheBitzBarn
05-13-2010, 11:09 PM
I think GW is hurting. From that, yes they got huge profits, but if you really read into it, most of their profits are from spin offs, like DoW II games and other stuff that others make. So they are really not making that much profit from their minis.

You are Very incorrect of that fact Last year they made 10 million Sterling Pounds and only 1 million was form Licensing( THQ DOWII, WAR, and BloodBowl) That is less than 10% of overall profit. That is nice but that still leave a Large % to come form Models. Yes some was cost reductions and one time saving but they also Paid Down and Significant Chunk of Debt I believe over 50% of the debt in One Year that is significant. so for arguments sake if only 40% of the remaining Profit was form Models then they still made 4 Million of Toy Soldiers NICE profit and with the Debt Paid way down this year they can see increased Profit due to Lack of Debt Payments. They are not Hurting

The LOTR License is a Dog for them and when that expires they will be smart to let it go. As the Hobbit will not be anywhere near a theater till no sooner than 2013. Close Baltimore will result in more saving this coming year and The emphasis in North America is Increasing sales. We are currently #2 in GW sales right behind UK

TheBitzBarn
05-13-2010, 11:10 PM
This is what I got in the old email box.

I approve and sent it on to customer service. I hope you guys do the same!

Copy, add your name to the bottom and email to GW customer service. If we get enough people in on this, maybe something will happen...

*My whole gaming group supports this!
-Unkle Jack

To Whom it may concern:

I'm writing to let you know that I am very disappointed in Games Workshop for even considering another price increase. I've been a consumer of Games Workshop products for 10 years now and have accumulated 6 fully playable armies in that time. I've not only purchased models to create these armies, but I've purchased White Dwarf magazines, paint, every codex you've created and a number of accessories to make my battlefields more realistic. All of this adds up to thousands of dollars spent.

At this point, however, I think I am at the end of the road with regard to my relationship with Games Workshop. I was fully intending on starting a Blood Angles army (my 7th army) and when finished with that, moving on to either Inquisition or a second Chaos army- but with these price increases, I won't be buying Games Workshop products anymore. In my opinion, Games Workshop is no longer interested in making a great game for people to enjoy. Instead, GW is only interested in squeezing the fanbase for every single bit of cash GW can get. And I am simply not going to be involved with this anymore. While this letter doesn't seem very intimidating, I want you to know that I am not alone. Below are my friends with whom I've played 40k, BFG and Apocalypse for years. They are quitting too. And, unless you back down from this insane increase of your prices, others will follow.

Please consider what I have written. Because when I quite buying GW, I'll be selling my armies off and buying into Warmachine and possilby Flames of War. Not only will you lose my purchases, but you'll lose sales from the people who buy my armies- they won't need to buy anything from you as my armies are complete. Then, to add insult to injury, other companies will be getting my dollars and the dollars of my friends- which will further erode your market share.

Again, stop this price increase. Seriously.

Signed,

John Doe
Stackhouse
Hatchett
Chadwick
Big Josh
Fluffy_Loving_Teddy_Bear
Milquetoast (...List keeps growing, *****es!)
Unkle Jack*
Tom Tom*
Killahell*
Tiger Style*
LostinSpace*
Gobstopper*
Demeerz*
Gordon Aaron Gordon*
Psycho Mike*
Bourbontime*
Sixsystems

Call me when 2 of those People Actually stop playing cause no one does!

TheBitzBarn
05-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Don't mistake an increase in revenue for growth. GW did not grow, they increased their prices twice that year by double digits and decreased their expenses. There actual sales volume was down in all regions particularly in the US and Europe (excluding the UK). This trend was confirmed in their most half year report. The store operation changes (going to one man stores, reduced hours, closing or relocating stores to locations with lower rent, lower stock on hand) combined with another double digit price increase (never mind the soft price increases such as gold swords) appears to be desperate moves by GW to shore up profits so they can report another profit despite the adverse effect such policies are likely to have on the long term.

Actually They did not suffer reduced sales volume. They were flat in US and UK and down in Europe but US and UK are the Markets that matter for them and US is actually North America. They have have mode those moves because they fail to see the physical stores for what they are which is marketing for the FLGS. When they view the stores are a marketing cost they will be back to the right behavior. Yes a mall cost alot but the Foot Traffic is insane

Melissia
05-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Hey look, TheBitzBarn is spazzing out about people not liking the price increase.

By the way...

What you said made no sense at all. How does GW wanting more profit cost people jobs?
Because GW fires everyone in a store and replaces them with a single person who's expected to do the same amount of work.

eldargal
05-14-2010, 02:26 AM
Isn't the one staff store a US only thing? I haven't noticed it here.

Of course, if you buy on eBay then you are taking money away from a GW or model store, impacting on that individual stores profits and putting jobs on the line. Certainly the more moral choice.

Stores and staffing are one of GWs big expenses, and one of the reasons why smaller companies like Privateer Press can sell miniatures for less.

I wonder, do veteran players dislike price hikes because they make the hobby too expensive, or because they remember things when they were cheaper. Are we veterans in danger of sounding like those old people who talk about how 'in my day a tuppence could feed a family of forty for two years!' Because I see kids spending a hundred pounds on a console game every month or two without grumbling, and you can get by in 40k with less expenditure than that.
Come to think of it, will a price increase of a few dollars really hurt the average game who might only buy one or two kits a month?

Hey look, TheBitzBarn is spazzing out about people not liking the price increase.

By the way...

Because GW fires everyone in a store and replaces them with a single person who's expected to do the same amount of work.

The Green Git
05-14-2010, 07:23 AM
Personally I'll be spending the same amount on gaming next month as I did last month.

Of course this may not be on GW product. Malifaux is pretty hot, and our group has been playing Necromunda some and nobody cares who's minis you use for that. Wargames Factory among others has some great looking figs for cheap.

If I do buy GW, it certainly won't be at an increased rate. Sometimes I wonder if this whole price raise thing isn't announced in advance to get a surge of sales "under the wire".

infantryman9244
05-14-2010, 08:15 AM
im just glad i get a 25% off my gw stuff through my store cuz this is just crazyness on the increase again :mad:

daboarder
05-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Personally I really feel that GW is starting to reach the point where these price increases are terminal. This lates one has completely pushed me outta the hobby as there is now nothing I feel interested enough to by at these prices that I don't already own. I understand that they have to change their price do you inflation in the market and so-on but they are the only company I can think of where the price only increases and never ever decreases and that is most certainly NOT a sustainable bussiness model.

Melissia
05-14-2010, 08:48 AM
I wonder, do veteran players dislike price hikes because they make the hobby too expensive

Fo myself, yes. I can barely afford to expand my armies as it is, nevermind with a price increase. Miniatures have to compete with silly little things like.. I dunno.. food and electricity (And you damned well better believe electricity is important in a Texas summer).

eldargal
05-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Well, hopefully for once people will actually vote with their wallets and not buy GW products and they will drop the price.

L192837465
05-14-2010, 12:06 PM
(And you damned well better believe electricity is important in a Texas summer).

THIS 100x THIS.

Electricity in an 800sq/ft apt is about $150-$200 for 3 months solid at a very chilly 74 degrees F. DIAF, sun.

Meh, I haven't bought anything new in months, why would this change that?

\Unless they miraculously re-made the Warriors of Chaos book and make it not suck balls in the next few weeks.

DarkLink
05-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Well, hopefully for once people will actually vote with their wallets and not buy GW products and they will drop the price.

Yeah... unless people actually stop giving GW money, then we have absolutely nothing to whine about here. We bring this on ourselves, in a sense, and some people have such a sense of false entitlement to think that they deserve to have GW just give them models.

GW will place their prices in an attempt to maximize profits. Nothing more, nothing less. You don't like, then don't buy it. There's no point wasting time whining about how horrible GW is (for making a decision that they have every right to).

Same here. A couple random models/units over the last year or two, but I haven't given GW anything more than spare change for a long time.

Now, with a new GK codex that will probably change. But otherwise, this has no real effect on me.

Melissia
05-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Mind you, I HAVE given forgeworld some more money than normal. But then their stuff is cheaper now anyway.

TheBitzBarn
05-14-2010, 01:47 PM

By the way...

No you have it all wrong I am sick and tired of this idea that profit is bad and the economics is something Most people do not understand. This is why the Obamanation called our President is able to enact socialist policies because lazy people get made at industrious people who make a profit.

I am tired of people NOT understanding a Financial report but speaking like they have an MBA.

I love Capitalism and profit and I do not like the price increases but they are a basic way of life look at gas prices and prices of Video Games all on the rise. This is not a poor man's hobby no wargaming is.

Plus Melissa you accusing some one of spazzing really look at your post history

Denzark
05-14-2010, 03:44 PM
This whole thing makes me laugh.

Some of the choices forced on the company because the geeks no longer run the show with their hearts make me annoyed. But overall the shampoo warlock mark Wells is doing what CEOs are supposed to - make the share price better for the share holders.

Yes he has to take into account some customer opinion. But obviously enough of us buy without complaints, to mean I am sure they are not corporately bricking it.

Now I am having to pay for a mortgage an nappies, and the wife won't even let me go in lap dancing clubs any more, I do go online - I just get the odd brush or paint from GW stores, or maybe a must have unit or new vehicle I don't want to wait for. FLGS don't hugely exist in the way they seem to in the states, so not supporting them does not kill them - mostly it is model shops that sell GW, not indy GW stores.

The point is GW are quite happy, and for us the customer, remember this plastic crack is nothing more than a luxury. Back in the day, a GW store opening came with offers like 25% off couchers in white dwarf, or buy 2 blisters get one free. Nowadays kids of 13 seem to have mum paying for £100s of stuff, coming out with bags and bags. Whenever most of the blogsites talk about armies, they seem to have ordered 15 of 1 type of vehicle so as to make3 of a certain class, or you see BoLS guys talking about multi thousand dollar orders to forgeworld. We obviously can afford this, and GW owes us nothing really - access to the fluff alone has been good.

So quite simply, please, if you are opting out of 40K, just do it. This is a forum for 40K players, please don't waste the bandwith with *****ing and whining, just go - you could post a link to your cheap armies on ebay for the rest of us who are staying but other than that don't use BoLS to tell GW they are leaving - go through GW.com and tell them - like they could care less.

And the cheek of Americans to complain when we in the UK still manage to buy GW product and pay petrol prices that would bankrupt small african nations...

The company has come through worse - the only thing we could hope is that they decide to save money by squatting the fake manga Taus and toy-looking necrons with left overs from schoool tech projects in their gun barrels - and possibly Gav Thorpe the Dark Eldar so all those people who have been claiming their 2 dimensional codex is only for true masters (in an attempt to make up for the worst miniatures since the 2Ed box set gretchin and card cutout of an ork dread) have something to put in their pipes and smoke.

MTFU, Rant over

HsojVvad
05-14-2010, 08:23 PM
But it's our right to complain (wanted to say the Bword but it would be stared out) and moan, just like it's anyone elses right for corporate profit.

Just as the saying goes, don't like it, don't buy or support GW by any other means, but we still do support them by buying through them or other means. But if you don't like us complaining and moaning, then don't read these posts.

If Bell of Lost Souls dosn't want their band width take up, they will tell us to stop. They don't, so it's ok for us to moan and *****.

Any ways, it's the Canadian way, We Canadians bend over, take it like a man, and complain about it, but do nothing about it and continue with our lives like nothing happened. And when someone does try something about it, we complain that they are doing something about it.

So don't like what we say, just ignore this post, it's not harming anyone.

Melissia
05-14-2010, 09:28 PM
A minor correction: Corporate profit isn't a right. It's earned.

eldargal
05-14-2010, 11:38 PM
They do though. They produce a game system and miniatures which people want to buy, and people buy them. They raise the price to make more money, and people still buy them.

Commissar Lewis
05-14-2010, 11:52 PM
Yep. Personally, I am largely unphased by this price increase. Only thing is it looks like I'm not getting a Banewolf or a new Russ kit this summer - all my funding is currently allocated towards the Iron Maiden show in July, and the American Carnage tour (Slayer, Megadeth, Testament) in August.

Prices go up, and one needs to merely do some financial planning or cut back on said purchasing. Still, I wish GW would do some gorram sales or coupons or something similar. Or clearance. Gimme some coupons and a clearance section of a department store and I can get $200 worth of stuff for half that, maybe less.

Brass Scorpion
05-15-2010, 12:50 AM
This is why the Obamanation called our President is able to enact socialist policies because lazy people get made at industrious people who make a profit.Oh, dear, someone's been listening to Limbaugh again. This is a game forum, please keep your off topic pile of baseless crap to yourself and hope others do the same. Nice way to derail the topic you started.

eldargal
05-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Something someone said on the Bols blog re price increase made me think. They posted a comparison of US prices from 2003 compared to 2010 for equivalent kits. The average price increase over that time seems to be around 22.5%, more in one case. Over a similar time the US has seen around 18% inflation according to several inflation calculators I tried (yes, I know the problems with these). Couple that with price increases in raw materials, production, printing* and transportation and are GW being as greedy as people claim?

I'm not claiming this is an accurate of scientific analysis, but its something to think about and perhaps investigate further.

* I know from some friends who run a magazine that the cost of having an A4 colour format magazine printed in China has more than doubled in the last 18 months.

Melissia
05-15-2010, 08:51 AM
But you forget, Inflation also affects GW's customers. And not everyone has been lucky enough to get a ~20-25% increase in the amount their paycheck brings home over the last five years... quite frequently, pay raises don't even manage to keep up with inflation.

DarkLink
05-15-2010, 09:36 PM

They do though. They produce a game system and miniatures which people want to buy, and people buy them. They raise the price to make more money, and people still buy them.

GW doesn't have a right to force people to give them money. But that's not what they're doing here.

They have a right to produce and price products as they see fit. If they do so in a fashion that people are willing to spend money on, then that is money that GW has earned.

If you want GW to drop prices, you're going to have to stop buying models. You and you alone have the right to spend your free money, and if you choose to do so after GW raises prices then that's just money that GW earns by raising prices.

If enough people stop buying, though, GW will drop prices (maybe). They'll decide they haven't earned enough, and attempt to earn more. But that won't happen as long as people just whine, but still buy models.

HsojVvad
05-16-2010, 10:26 AM
I am not shure about you guys, but I think the reason why I am mostly upset with the price increases, is from being lied to. All GW had to say is we want or need more moeny that is why we prices.

Last year or the last increas I should say, GW really went out making excuses of price increases because of metal costs. So if the costs of metals were so expensive how come the price of plastics and books went up as well? Then it was the price of petroleum. Well now the prices have stabled for oil, not as wacky as before, and they made huge profits and still increase prices.

I think if GW didn't make excuses for price increase wich we know are not the reasons, then we or at least I can be more understanding. Just don't insult our inteligence and lie to our faces giving different reasons for increasing the prices.

While yes, I still do buy GW product, I don't buy them as I use to. If they were straight up and honest, I would be buying more and more from them, because I can understand greed. It's a way of life. What I don't like, is being lied to. Yes that seems to be the way of life sadly as well, but I hate it.

Force21
05-16-2010, 06:00 PM

Same here. A couple random models/units over the last year or two, but I haven't given GW anything more than spare change for a long time.

Now, with a new GK codex that will probably change. But otherwise, this has no real effect on me.

+1

All I plan on getting this year are Grey Knights...

I have a few Grey Knights now...but GW is going to get alot of money when I am going to get some Land Raiders, new units & the codex for them...:(

oh well need to save up...& hopefully get a job soon...

DarkLink
05-16-2010, 10:02 PM
I am not shure about you guys, but I think the reason why I am mostly upset with the price increases, is from being lied to. All GW had to say is we want or need more moeny that is why we prices.

Last year or the last increas I should say, GW really went out making excuses of price increases because of metal costs. So if the costs of metals were so expensive how come the price of plastics and books went up as well? Then it was the price of petroleum. Well now the prices have stabled for oil, not as wacky as before, and they made huge profits and still increase prices.

GW will attempt to maximize its profits. If its costs go up (increasing metal/petroleum costs), then they will have to raise prices in order to continue to make the same profit.

And there are other reasons for raising prices. It's basic economics. Increase the price, and you'll lose some customers, but make more profit off the ones who stay. GW may have just decided to do just that.

Ultimately, I see no reason to think that GW's been lying to us about why they raised their prices. They have, for one reason or another, decided to increase prices to increase profits. They don't need to give us a detailed explanation as to why they decided to do this.

Melissia
05-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Right, because transparency is never a good thing.

DarkLink
05-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Well, if you don't like their weak explanations, then don't buy. I'm just saying that there's no need to 'feel disappointed for being lied to', when you can just be like "whatever, I just won't buy from them".

TheBitzBarn
05-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Oh, dear, someone's been listening to Limbaugh again. This is a game forum, please keep your off topic pile of baseless crap to yourself and hope others do the same. Nice way to derail the topic you started.

I did not derail anything and I never listen to Limbaugh Nice to know you are stereotyping anyone who is opposed to an opinion you have. I was making a point that profit and greed is not bad and it is good. So maybe you need to check the post.

I know this will get me banned as to stymie anyone you do not like you will lock me out but oh well.

TheBitzBarn
05-16-2010, 11:31 PM

I think if GW didn't make excuses for price increase wich we know are not the reasons, then we or at least I can be more understanding. Just don't insult our inteligence and lie to our faces giving different reasons for increasing the prices.

While yes, I still do buy GW product, I don't buy them as I use to. If they were straight up and honest, I would be buying more and more from them, because I can understand greed. It's a way of life. What I don't like, is being lied to. Yes that seems to be the way of life sadly as well, but I hate it.

Please suggest that you use spell check. Gw does not have explain why they raise prices. The cost of raw metals have skyrocketed in the last 24 months as Chinese are buy as many raw materials as they can get.

Prices go up because cost of production does, employees benefits (they went up), Employee raises and the such.They never lied to you. Unless you spoke directly to The CEO and he told you these things. Otherwise your basing this one forum chat.

HsojVvad
05-17-2010, 06:22 AM
Please suggest that you use spell check. Gw does not have explain why they raise prices. The cost of raw metals have skyrocketed in the last 24 months as Chinese are buy as many raw materials as they can get.

Prices go up because cost of production does, employees benefits (they went up), Employee raises and the such.They never lied to you. Unless you spoke directly to The CEO and he told you these things. Otherwise your basing this one forum chat.

Hehe, you telling me about using spell check? I suggest you do as well, or should I say grammer check? :p

Basing on forum chat? Don't think so. Well hard to base on forum chat when you read what GW have said them selves in their statement last year.

Brass Scorpion
05-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Three threads on the price increase topic at Dakkadakka were already locked due to berks not being able to stay on topic. Apparently, even those who create such threads can't do so over on this forum. Perhaps a few statistics presented with humor (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-maher/new-rule-smart-president_b_253996.html)will derail the derailment. Opinions are like anuses, everyone's got one, but most other people don't want to see or hear it.

Back on topic, I'm amazed that GW hasn't formally announced this increase on their website yet. They usually make some kind of announcement themselves to the public ahead of time. We're only about 2 weeiks away from June now and they are still keeping this one relatively quiet.

DarkLink
05-17-2010, 06:40 PM
That article amused me.

elbucho
05-17-2010, 07:25 PM
If you dont like the price increases, buy 1 box set and cast your own in resin..so much cheaper. And you get a hundred soldiers from 1 box...A business that treats their customers dirty will fail..I remember the same space marines in a set of 10 back in 98 or so for 19.99..Now they are almost double..Cadians not so long ago, 20 for 35, now it will be 10 for 25??you guys suck.