PDA

View Full Version : psychic power from off the table

Lupin
05-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi! let's say Mephiston is held reserve and then enters from his table side.

Does he get to roll for his wings and then move 12" from the table edge?

or he cant because he's not physically "on" the table?

Light my lantern!

Thank you!

Herald of Nurgle
05-12-2010, 02:52 PM
No he can't fly on as he needs to be in play at the start of the turn. Therefore he needs to be on the board.
He has to move on the normal 6" unfortunately :(

karandras
05-12-2010, 03:03 PM
agreed

zenjah
05-12-2010, 03:05 PM
While it makes sense "realistically" for him to be able to enter play with his wings on, I can't think of any rule that would allow this.

I don't have the BA codex handy, but I imagine the wording of the power says something like, "this power may be used at the beginning of the turn." At the beginning of the turn the character is in reserves and can do nothing. He then moves onto the board which counts as his movement phase. At that point he is on the board but it is too late for a power that is used "at the beginning of the turn."

It reminds me of the time that I learned that my winged chaos sorcerer had to move as slow-and-purposeful infantry to get away from the unit of obliterators he had joined in the previous turn. It seemed obvious to me that I should be able to fly 12" away, but a careful reading of the rules made it clear that he was part of the unit until after he moved 2" away-- too late to change the fact that "All of the models in a unit move at the speed of the slowest model." I then rolled badly on S&P and failed to even leave the unit... I won't be hiding him in a unit of obliterators anymore!

Lupin
05-14-2010, 06:37 AM
the exact wording is :

"This power is used in the librarian's movement phase and lasts for the rest of the turn. It allows the librarian to move as if he had a jump pack....blablabla"

theres no reference to the "start" of movement phase nor do i understand why they need to explain why it lasts for the full movement phase for as long as you moved, you cant do anything else in that movement phase...

"This power is used in the movement phase"? i can do something else than cast wings and move?

Fellend
05-14-2010, 06:51 AM
the exact wording is :

"This power is used in the librarian's movement phase and lasts for the rest of the turn. It allows the librarian to move as if he had a jump pack....blablabla"

theres no reference to the "start" of movement phase nor do i understand why they need to explain why it lasts for the full movement phase for as long as you moved, you cant do anything else in that movement phase...

"This power is used in the movement phase"? i can do something else than cast wings and move?

maybe not now, but who knows in codex: overkill 2000

DarkLink
05-14-2010, 08:18 AM
the exact wording is :

Well, he'll have to case Wings before he moves on the board if he wants to benefit from it during his movement. So he's still off the board when he uses it.

He can't move on the board, then cast wings, then move again.

ashnaile
05-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Darklink has it. No powers from off the board.