PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitor on Valkyrie

Everwynd
05-12-2010, 02:34 AM
On Imperial Armour Vol II, it states that inquisitors and storm trooper squads can take Valkyries as transports, is this a good choice as an anti tank force.. or is this a good choice in general.. thanks

am noob T_T

bonedale
05-12-2010, 06:51 AM
For a DH list, I like the idea of Valks for popping tanks since we don't have many options. Just remember if you load them up with meltas, zoom forward, and they pop a tank, they will most likely be killed right after so an Inquisitor is a bit expensive for that mission. For storm troopers it's a great option. Personally I am hesitant to invest in Valks when FW is not allowed in tournies, so I am sticking with STs in Chims for now.

The FW toy I want in the new dex is the GK Redeemer with assault initiative 10. That one I couldn't wait on.

DarkLink
05-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Inquisitors can't take Vendettas, only Valkyries (last I checked).And Valkyries only have, what, a single lascannon? Not ideal anti-tank if you ask me.

Melissia
05-12-2010, 08:38 AM
But using valkyries to drop melta near a tank, that's a good idea.

DarkLink
05-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Yes. Too bad we can't get triple melta vet squads:(. Except the 'ard boyz apparently adds IG Veterans to the list of approved units you can ally in:D.

Of course, 'ard boyz doesn't allow forgeworld rules, so no valkyries allowed there.

Edit: this is my 1911th post. That's a good number :D.

Necrosis
05-12-2010, 11:23 AM
You could take an Inquisitor with three warrior hence men and give them all 3 melta guns and if you want give the Inquisitor a combi-melta.

Everwynd
05-12-2010, 11:40 AM
seems my choices are:

Inqusitor elite w/ combi melta = 20+15 pts
3 gun servitors w/ MM @ 35 pts ea
or
3 vet IG w/ melta @ 20 pts ea

or

5 Inquisitorial ST w/ 2 melta = 70 pts

STs seem good for scoring potential
have to check though iif the players here also use FW rules..

thanks a bunch!