PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels Cheese Theory Query

karandras
05-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Okay.... it is apparent that Mephiston and the Sanguinator do not have the independent character rules, so they cannot join another squad as an IC can. My question is this:

Mephiston is listed as unit type infantry. He is a unit as explained in the BRB. So, can an IC join him???

Example a Sanguinary Priest and/or Chaplain purchased in the elites section are both independent characters. Can they both (or one or the other) attach to Mephiston who is a non-IC unit type infantry unit??? Definitely rules-lawyering here and definite cheese. Just wondering if it is a legal loophole RAW???

murrburger
05-11-2010, 10:09 PM
ICs can attach to ICs. However, the rulebook says that they may never join vehicle squadrons, and units that are always made up of one model.

Sorry, no rules lawyering. It's all in black and white.

I guess you can still have your Mephiston in the Sanguinary Priest's radius, although I don't really see the point.

Fizyx
05-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Independent Characters can not join units that normally consist of just one model, so you can not join a regular IC to Mephiston, sorry to say. The only exception to the rule is right below when it states ICs can join other ICs. Since Mephiston is not one, you can not join an IC to him.

karandras
05-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Ah, yes... units made up of one model I suppose pooh-poohs this train of thought.... thanks!