PDA

View Full Version : Assault question

Moros
05-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi all, I'm new to 40k (4 months in) and I have been searching everywhere for this answer.

If your unit completely destroys their target unit/vehicle in the shooting phase, can they then assault a different unit in the assault phase?

The reason I am torn is because you can't assault a different unit that you shot at in most cases.

I know with transports you can then assault the occupants after they get blow, but, does this apply to another unit/vehicle?

At our club we have house rules that allow for it, we feel you should be rewarded for death and destruction. However, I would really like to know what the official rules for this are. To me it seems weak that you should be penalized for destroying somebody :)

sebi81
05-11-2010, 10:49 AM
the only exception from the rule that you must attack what you shot at is a transporter. if you completely destroy a unit with shooting you can not attack another unit. there is no such exception in the rules.

BuFFo
05-11-2010, 11:14 AM
If your unit completely destroys their target unit/vehicle in the shooting phase, can they then assault a different unit in the assault phase?

No.

Moros
05-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Awww, ok thanks for the quick answers!

Mazelf
05-11-2010, 05:25 PM
house rules FTW!! whatever makes it fun for you...

now, competitive play....thats a whole diff story