PDA

View Full Version : Sanguinary Guard

musical-fool
05-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Hi all,

I have started a Lamenters army and I am just about to start the Sanguinary Guard. However, the problem/question of colour scheme came up:

Do/Should I stick with the Golden scheme or go for something different?

I know this is a decision that I should make on my own but I really can't think of anything Lamenter-esque for them (anything decent anyway, one of my first ideas was to have the chequered pattern on the abs...a definate no-no I think)

I also thought this might be a good way to have some red or black in the army. Or do I keep it simple and stay "safe" with the normal Lamenter colours?

Thanks for any advice!

Fellend
05-11-2010, 01:55 AM
Can't really tell you how to do it, but just gold seems kind of BA in a Lamenter army, I think you should experiment a little, How about silver? Or you could do them In white and black (not checkered) with yellow details

Maybe a reverse color? Red with a yellow stripe. There's lot of variations but I think Gold is the easy (and boring) way out

musical-fool
05-11-2010, 03:06 AM
Yes the gold option I thought would be easy and not very Lammy :p

I had thought about the white version which is in the codex under angel encarmine/vermilion colours. I like the idea black with yellow highlights but I'm a bit worried they would come out wasp-ish...

05-11-2010, 08:18 AM
If you want to go by the suggestions of the codex, every successor chapter maintains the same colour scheme for Sanguinary Guard and Death Company, unless you're looking at Angels Encarmine.

So, if you at least want to stay true to the suggestions in the codex, keep 'em gold. :)

isotope99
05-11-2010, 10:39 AM
You could do the wings in gold, which would fit with the lamenters colour scheme, and still be very flashy in a blood angels syle, then the body in a different colour (red, white or black). I'd save the checks for the knee pads or something.

Herald of Nurgle
05-11-2010, 11:44 AM
I'd recommend going over to Bushido Red Panda's blog here: http://bushido40k.fateweaver.net/

He's doing a Lamenters army and has done an awesome scheme for The Sanguinor. Perhaps that could help.

musical-fool
05-12-2010, 04:09 AM
Thanks for all the replies! Some great advice!

I really like the idea of Bushido's S-guard in silver/grey but I also like the idea of black and gold/yellow highlights. I probably use the latter for my Dante conversion so that he stands out from the S-guard.

I'm also thinking of using some DeathCo bits like arms and legs for my Sanguinary priests and Corbulo conversion. hopefully get around to them soon and will post some pics!

Herald of Nurgle
05-12-2010, 02:55 PM
How about doing a quartered scheme - a big checker - and yellow pads, then?