PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Twilight Harlies with DE Allies

Drew da Destroya
06-20-2016, 01:58 PM
Hey guys,

Workshopping a Harlequin Masque list a bit here, wanted some input:

Masque Detachment

Troupe (6)
1 Troupe Master: Shuriken pistol,Harlequin's caress, Warlord (Twilight)
1 Player: Shuriken pistol,Harlequin's kiss
4 Player: Shuriken pistol,Close combat weapon
Shadowseer (1)
1 Shadowseer: Psyker (Master Level 2),Shuriken pistol,Haywire grenades, Phantasmancy
Shadowseer (1)
1 Shadowseer: Psyker (Master Level 2),Shuriken pistol,The Mask of Secrets, Telepathy
Death Jester (1)
1 Death Jester

Troupe (5)
1 Troupe Master: Shuriken pistol,Harlequin's caress
1 Player: Shuriken pistol,Harlequin's embrace
2 Player: Shuriken pistol,Close combat weapon
Shadowseer (1)
1 Shadowseer: Psyker (Master Level 2),Shuriken pistol,Haywire grenades, Phantasmancy

Troupe (5)
1 Player: Shuriken pistol,Harlequin's embrace
3 Player: Shuriken pistol,Close combat weapon
Shadowseer (1)

Starweaver (1)
1 Starweaver

Starweaver (1)
1 Starweaver

Voidweaver (1)
1 Voidweaver: Prismatic cannon

Allied Detachment
Archon (1)
1 Archon: Close combat weapon,Splinter pistol,Haywire grenades,Webway portal,The Armour of Misery

Kabalite Warriors (5)
4 Kabalite Warrior: Splinter rifle,Close combat weapon
1 Kabalite Warrior: Blaster,Close combat weapon
Raider (1) - 75pts
1 Raider: Dark lance,Night shields

Scourges (5)
1 Scourge: Close combat weapon,Shardcarbine
4 Scourge: Close combat weapon,Haywire blaster

Ravager (1)
1 Ravager: 3 Dark lances,Night shields

The Masque detachment locks me down a bit, but the Run + Assault seems worth it, and the reroll on the Twilight table gives me two shots at the +/-2 game end roll... which I'll probably need.

The two smaller troupes each ride in a Skyweaver, while the larger Warlord group either runs (if I get some decent defensive powers out of the Shadowseers) or steals the Raider from the Warriors. The Archon deep strikes with either the Scourge or the Warriors, depending on what I end up facing, and hopefully shows up in time for his Armor to play with the Mask on the TP Shadowseer.

There's an alternate version of this list that drops a Phantasmancy Seer, the Death Jester, and some upgrades for a Solitaire with a Haywire grenade, but I don't think it's worth it... as much fun as the Solitaire can be.

Anyway, thoughts?

Thanks!

Drew da Destroya
06-27-2016, 10:49 AM
So I guess this was a pretty effective list, since I wrecked my friend's Flesh Tearer's list. The first psychic power I rolled was great (invisibility), and the other 7 were mostly lousy (shards of light 3 times, the harlie Nova power twice, the telepathy Regroup power, and Laugh of Discord, which was probably good but I never quite used it). Invisibility and Veil of Tears got the most work, Psychic Shriek did the most damage, and Shards of Light is ******* useless. The Nova power could have been good, but I rolled 3 for the hits, so it just bounced off the marines.

Admittedly, I was up against another weaker army, so I don't think I'd fare as well against Necron or Eldar (my friend's other two armies), but this was a pretty resounding victory, despite two of my squads getting roasted by drop-pod flamers inside their transports.

Drew da Destroya
06-29-2016, 08:33 AM
I tweaked the list a bit to sneak a Solitaire in. Had to give up the Raider and the Armor of Misery, but I really don't think I needed the Armor. Losing the Night Shields on the Ravager might hurt, but we'll see.

Masque Detachment - Reroll Warlord Trait, Rising Crescendo (run+charge on turn 2+)

1 Troupe Master: Shuriken pistol,Harlequin's caress - Twilight Warlord
2 Player: Shuriken pistol,Harlequin's kiss
1 Shadowseer: Psyker (Master Level 2),Shuriken pistol,The Mask of Secrets, Telepathy
1 Death Jester

1 Starweaver

1 Starweaver

1 Voidweaver: Prismatic cannon

1 Solitare: Harlequin's kiss,Harlequin's embrace,Haywire grenades

Allied Detachment

1 Archon: Close combat weapon,Splinter pistol,Haywire grenades,Webway portal

5 Kabalite Warrior: Splinter rifle,Close combat weapon

4 Scourge: Close combat weapon,Shardcarbine
1 Scourge: Close combat weapon,Haywire blaster

1 Ravager: 3 Dark lances