PDA

View Full Version : Ard Boyz Mission 3

joescalise
05-10-2010, 05:55 PM
I was wondering if you think a dedicated transport would count for the 3 kill points since it moves 6?

Tynskel
05-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Dedicated transports are separate independent units (remember this for mission 2 for victory points, and for missions 1-3 for the mission three battle point). Since they move over 6" per round they are worth 3 Kill points.

The exception would be a Drop Pod- they are a Immobile Unit, and they fall under the exception to the normal deployment rules on p.94 (deep striking immobile units).

karandras
05-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Agreed. An official clarification will be out in a day or so that will state specifically in regards to mission 3 that only units capable of over 6" of tabletop movement are 3 KPs. This would of course include dedicated transports, but deep strikers will not be penalized for the deep strike ability (i.e. - drop pods, monoliths, mycetic spores, etc).

DarkLink
05-11-2010, 06:00 PM
I was wondering if you think a dedicated transport would count for the 3 kill points since it moves 6?

Dedicated transports are separate independent units (remember this for mission 2 for victory points, and for missions 1-3 for the mission three battle point). Since they move over 6" per round they are worth 3 Kill points.

The exception would be a Drop Pod- they are a Immobile Unit, and they fall under the exception to the normal deployment rules on p.94 (deep striking immobile units).

Right, it doesn't matter if a unit is a dedicated transport or not. It matters how fast it can move.

Since practically all dedicated transports are vehicles that can move over 6" (excluding Drop Pods as Tynskel mentioned), they count as 3 KPs.

But if there were another dedicated transport that couldn't move over 6", then it wouldn't be 3 KPs.