PDA

View Full Version : Transports question

Dbrinson
05-09-2010, 12:47 PM
1. Can't find it but pretty sure that blood angels rhino's, predator, vindicators, razorbacks when moving fast do not get the cover say correct or i am missing something. Rules as written say that they get the bonuses for shooting but on the next page it says that skimmers would get it. I understand that the stormraven would but not the regular. Correct or not.

2. is there any where that says when a transport moves flat out skimmer or not. and suffer a vehicle explodes results that the model inside are removed from table. i find not evidence so i say. Incorrect. models would continue as normal

3. When a Commissar lord from imperial guard buys a dedicated transport for himself. can a squad join him? and i have read and no luck pages would help?

DarkLink
05-09-2010, 02:48 PM
1. Can't find it but pretty sure that blood angels rhino's, predator, vindicators, razorbacks when moving fast do not get the cover say correct or i am missing something. Rules as written say that they get the bonuses for shooting but on the next page it says that skimmers would get it. I understand that the stormraven would but not the regular. Correct or not.

Fast does not grant cover saves. Only "skimmers that moved flat out in their last movement phase" may get a 4+ cover save. So it's Storm Raven only for the BA.

2. is there any where that says when a transport moves flat out skimmer or not. and suffer a vehicle explodes results that the model inside are removed from table. i find not evidence so i say. Incorrect. models would continue as normal

This was brought up not too long ago. It appears that, no, the passengers are indeed not actually destroyed if the opponent shoots down the skimmer the turn after it moved fast.

At least that's what I think you're asking here. I'm not entirely sure:p.

3. When a Commissar lord from imperial guard buys a dedicated transport for himself. can a squad join him? and i have read and no luck pages would help?

Yes. Same way that an IC can join a unit inside their dedicated transport during deployment.

BuFFo
05-09-2010, 03:30 PM

The squad cannot join the IC in the IC's transport.

Only units that belong to a Dedicated transport are allowed to be deployed inside of it. The only exception is an IC joining a squad.

1) IC buys a DT, if he is alone (no retinue or 'honor guard') he cannot be joined by another unit inside his transport during deployment.

2) Squad buys a DT, an IC can be joined inside the squad's transport as per the IC rules.

Remember, you join ICs to squads, not squads to ICs.

So, be careful who buys what transports.