PDA

View Full Version : GK teleport homers

dvs1
05-09-2010, 04:07 AM
Checked the DH codex and found a weird quirk. It seems DH teleport homers require us to center the deep strike template over the model with the homer. Wouldn't that be a auto mishap according to 5th ed? The faq on the GW site does not address this, but i would assume no one would have a problem with it working like its counterparts in Every Other SM codex. Just checking, mucho domo

mysterex
05-09-2010, 05:09 AM
Yes, it's an auto mishap and the DH faq does not address a few things, like the Inquisitor's dedicated land raider lacking power of the machine spirit or being an assault vehicle.

Most reasonable players would allow you to use it that way but I wouldn't bank on that happening at an event. Given how expensive grey knights are, I'm a bit surprised that you've points to spare on this sort of upgrade.

dvs1
05-09-2010, 05:51 AM
I was thinking about using a couple of LR's to rush a flank or portion of my opponents army, using the LR's as a av 14 wall to block los to my incoming GKTs. LRs and a lone BC w/combi melta would pop armour or transports, while the 2-3 squads of GKT come down and hose the remnants with combi flamer/ incinerators. Homers are kind of key to making sure I don't lose anything to a mishap, being a 20-25 model army and all...
I know relying so heavily on reserves is a recipe for disaster, but its one that appeals to the gambler in me. Lack of range AT besides my LRs will hurt, but a dread wouldn't wouldn't keep up so well...or would it?

DarkLink
05-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Yeah, DH teleport homers do not work, in any way, shape or form, in 5th ed. However, any reasonable opponent should let you use the more current rules for them.

GM Rex Nihilo
05-09-2010, 05:16 PM
The teleport homer didn't work in fourth ed either. The DH THomer entry is a worded for the old third ed ruleset. But it is a very common (almost exclusively) to use the current interpretation. If they get uppity then the Wargear book is your friend.

dvs1
05-10-2010, 12:09 AM
thanks for the clarification and support. I cannot imagine someone actually calling me out on this unless it is a highly competitive setting...say a tourney. Its good to know many people would see it as i do, but knowing my luck Ima gonna get the one guy who cries RAW.

Dooley
05-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Friendly Game most people will let you upgrade your stuff! But take it to a tourney were there are fabulous prizes involved and its probably not gonna happen!

I would always take a BC or a GM and Teleport in some homies w/ the Porter! Especially when he used to not be able to be targeted cus he was an IC!