PDA

View Full Version : Walkers and Ordnance Weapons

Lykum
05-07-2010, 10:34 PM
pg 58 of the BRB states that if firing an ordnance weapon, no other weapons can be fired. pg 72 says that walkers may move and fire all of their weapons as though they were stationary. So my take on this is that a walker with an ordnance weapon can choose to either fire its ordnance weapon or all of its other weapons.
However, it would be awesome to fire ordnance and everything else.

Lerra
05-07-2010, 10:45 PM
That seems like a fair interpretation.

What walker has an ordinance weapon, though?

Lykum
05-07-2010, 11:00 PM
That seems like a fair interpretation.

What walker has an ordinance weapon, though?

The Defiler's Battlecannon. It is in the mail and I am itching to use it.

DarkLink
05-07-2010, 11:11 PM
The ordinance overrides the movement rules. Otherwise, any vehicle with ordinance could fire everything after staying stationary.

A walker can move as far as it wants and still shoot multiple weapons. However, if something other than movement prevents a weapon from firing, there's nothing in the walker rules that allows them to still shoot.

Bean
05-08-2010, 01:03 AM
As Darklink says, being a Walker isn't enough to let the Defiler shoot its battlecannon along with other ranged weapons.

That's why you should always play double close combat weapon defilers--you get the battlecannon until you get into combat, and those extra two attacks in combat are going to be better than anything the Defiler's other arm options are likely to do for you.

Squirrel_Fish
05-08-2010, 10:58 AM
As Darklink says, being a Walker isn't enough to let the Defiler shoot its battlecannon along with other ranged weapons.

That's why you should always play double close combat weapon defilers--you get the battlecannon until you get into combat, and those extra two attacks in combat are going to be better than anything the Defiler's other arm options are likely to do for you.

Because the Defiler is really the Orkiest vehicle in the game. It has one of da biggest gunz and is supa choppy.
I don't remember where I heard this quote but it rings true.

"Anything worth not doing with a robotic lobster claw isn't worth doing at all."

sebi81
05-08-2010, 12:31 PM
in fact you answered your question yourself. a walker can fire all weapons as if it was a stationary vehicle... but a stationary vehicle can only fire it's odnance weapon. same for the walker.

Sharp
05-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Now, can a walker Fire ordnance and charge into CC?

sebi81
05-08-2010, 01:47 PM
A walker can fire odnance and a walker can attack in close combat. There is no rule which says you can only do one or the other so I would say yes it can.

mysterex
05-09-2010, 05:15 AM

I prefer to keep the reaper - with ballistic skill 3 it's a more reliable way of killing light vehicles like raiders and trucks.