PDA

View Full Version : Forge World Whirlwind Conversion "Out of Stock"?

Preacher
05-07-2010, 06:48 PM
I was just looking around the new forgeworld website and noticed that the whirlwind conversion kit is out of stock. Just wondering if anybody has seen this before with forgeworld stuff? Does it mean it's no longer being made or is is just on back order? If so, how long? Any help would be great. Thanks!

The AKH
05-07-2010, 07:56 PM
"Out of Stock" would signify that the moulds are running a little behind. "Out of Production" or "No longer Available" would mean that you can't get it at all.

Wait a week or two, check again. I've never had anything I needed from FW be out of stock, so I have no idea how long you should expect to wait.

faolan
05-07-2010, 09:02 PM
I've run into "Out of Stock" twice before on orders, once around the time Apoc came out, the other about 9 months later. Once, it took about a week for the stock to catch up, the other time it took about a month and a half.

At least the new site tells you if there's going to be a wait!

Preacher
05-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the info guys! I guess I'll keep checking back with them.

SotonShades
05-25-2010, 12:58 PM
What you can do is send ForgeWorld an email with your order, rather than ordering online normally. I've done this in the past when things have been out of stock. Sometimes this can even encourage FW to re-cast stock a little sooner than planned. It also ensures that your order will be processed as soon as the stock is ready.

Due to the nature of Forge World's manufacturing process and their comparitively limited production capacity compared to Citadel in general, there is often a shortage of some items, especially following or leading up to major events; Games Days around the world especially.

All the staff over there are are used to dealing with this sort of problem and are very friendly, so will endevour to get your models to you as soon as possible

Preacher
05-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks for all the responses and advice guys. I personally haven't had that much luck emailing Forge World. Over the last 2 or 3 years I've probably sent them half a dozen emails and only gotten 1 response. I waited about a week and checked back on the Whirlwind conversion kit and it was finally in stock. So hopefully it will get here soon.