PDA

View Full Version : Statting Cthulhu

YorkNecromancer
06-03-2016, 07:07 AM
This is pure Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: how does 1D6 investigators per round translate into 40K?

We've got stats for Horus, many other Primarchs, daemon princes and the like, so using those as your guideline, you've got to stat Cthulhu (or your favourite similar Mythos god, or other suitably Vast And Nameless Horror like, say, Sovereign in 'Mass Effect').

What statline, what special rules, what unique rules, etc... do they get?

Remember: it has to be playable. So no 2++ invulnerables or other cheap gaming shorthand to make it intimidating.

How many marines should it take to spank the lord of R'lyeh?

Mr Mystery
06-03-2016, 07:25 AM
How many marines should it take to spank the lord of R'lyeh?

Three per tentacle to hold it down, and two Contemptors to kick all his teeth out.

Asymmetrical Xeno
06-03-2016, 07:30 AM
Instant death on any dice roll for having a humanoid shaped body and being an insult to true great old ones.

Cactus
06-03-2016, 11:31 AM
I think I would basically give Cthulhu the stats of a more powerful greater daemon.

Flying Monstrous Creature
WS 8 BS 8 S 8 T 8 W 4 I 5 A 5 LD 10
4+ Armor
4+ Invuln
It Will Not Die
Fear
Fearless
Level 4 Psyker that comes with Iron Arm, Hallucinate, Psychic Shriek, and Dominate.
Shadow of the Warp (or whatever that ability from 'Nids is called.)
Friendly Cultist units within 12" have the Zealot special rules.

Morgrim
06-04-2016, 06:15 AM
How does one stat "can be briefly stunned if you ram it with a reinforced bowspit from a ship that has set sufficient sail and has a brisk wind to the aft"?

CoffeeGrunt
06-04-2016, 07:10 AM
I imagine he'd be very similar to a Transcendent C'tan, personally. Sovereign would be tougher, as he's a effectively a Titan in scale. :P

Kirsten
06-04-2016, 10:03 AM
you can't stat Cthulhu, he is a god :p
Hydra and Dagon would have to be gargantuan creatures.