PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Ard Boyz Secenarios

joescalise
05-07-2010, 03:40 PM
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1120521a_40KArdBoyzPrelimScenarios.pdf

here is the link to the scenarios for this years first round.

Sir Biscuit
05-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Woah, VP's. Didn't see that one coming.

Also, that last scenario actually made me laugh out loud. So many people playing BA... so many KP on the table.

Grey2321
05-07-2010, 04:46 PM
So did anyone else notice that Scouts wasn't included in any of the lists with the Infiltrating, Deep Strike, and Reserves rules?

keithsilva
05-07-2010, 04:56 PM
I didnt see outflanking either would that mean u cant use those rules :confused:

Lerra
05-07-2010, 05:16 PM
3 kill points are awarded for each unit destroyed that
has the potential to move over 6” in a single phase of
the game turn.

Wow, that really hurts some armies. Rhino Rush, Chimera spam, Mech Eldar, Ork Speed Freaks, anything BA . . .

kellyj
05-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Yeah, Mission 3 really bones mech-spam, leaf blowers, Dark Eldar, BloodAngels...

CaptnDees
05-07-2010, 05:22 PM
My firends are already discussing weirdness over the 3rd mission.

Do drop pods, which count as moving at cruising speed the turn they land, count as having a 6" potential move?

What about because of scatter? Potentially that could move over 6"?

That would really screw with things like terminators and daemons.

But hell, technically a Marine squad could potentially move 6"... during the opennets shooting phase with Lash... but maybe that falls more into their example with the 'lith.

Looks like we need some clarification.
/holds breath

Tynskel
05-07-2010, 06:00 PM
My firends are already discussing weirdness over the 3rd mission.

Do drop pods, which count as moving at cruising speed the turn they land, count as having a 6" potential move?

What about because of scatter? Potentially that could move over 6"?

That would really screw with things like terminators and daemons.

But hell, technically a Marine squad could potentially move 6"... during the opennets shooting phase with Lash... but maybe that falls more into their example with the 'lith.

Looks like we need some clarification.
/holds breath

Nope-- The Librarian can ALWAYS move more than 6" with GoI. Terminators cannot.
Drop Pods are Immobile.

The Third Mission isn't weird, it is a Tournament Balancer.

BlacknightIII
05-07-2010, 06:29 PM
OMG victory points??? 3 KP for fast moving units??? Im so pissed I can't make it to the Ard' Boyz this year!

CaptnDees
05-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Nope-- The Librarian can ALWAYS move more than 6" with GoI. Terminators cannot.
Drop Pods are Immobile.

The Third Mission isn't weird, it is a Tournament Balancer.

Ok, I wasn't really critizing the uniqueness of the mission. My concern is the clarity of the rules.

I WANT to agree with you. With all my 10 drop pod heart I do.

The last thing I want to do is being in the 'weird' spot of being on a high table in round 3 arguing with a guy over mission verbiage.

"that has the potential to move over 6" in a single phase of the game turn"

I don't really see where it says it ALWAYS has that ability to move over 6". I want to really really badly... but don't see it.

Do beasts/calvary count? They potentially have a 12" Assault phase even if they are out of assault range.
Do units with hit and run count? Or does that fall under fleeing?

I can see how it is probably inteded to be units that can CONSISTANTLY more over 6" in any phase. Not "hey this one turn because of X rule I moved over 6"."

I just think it can be worded better, and can see the flames come Sunday the 16th when we hear the 'My TO said XYZ' crazy talk around this mission.

Lerra
05-07-2010, 08:31 PM
A drop pod isn't moving onto the table when it deep strikes. It's deploying in the middle of the table. Same thing for teleporters - they just appear. They're not zooming 20" off the nearest table edge. Otherwise drop pods would count as obscured the turn they enter play ;)

The way I interpreted the 3rd mission rules is that a unit is worth 3KP if it is able to move more than 6" in a single phase under its own power. So the tactical squad that is joined by a Librarian with Gate is only worth 1. The unit inside of a rhino is only worth 1, even if the rhino can move the squad more than 6".

Necrons using a monolith aren't moving under their own power. Same with a unit that is targeted by Lash.

Sangre
05-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Smacks somewhat of 3rd ed missions

Tynskel
05-07-2010, 10:31 PM
If you need to argue the rule: p.94 -- immobile units deep striking -- is an exception to normal rules. Note, that GoI is specifically picked out because the squad moves up 24".

DarkLink
05-07-2010, 11:57 PM
I didnt see outflanking either would that mean u cant use those rules :confused:

No, outflanking isn't its own USR. It's a special form of deployment allowed by either scouts or infiltrators.

AbusePuppy
05-08-2010, 01:00 AM
I'm not sure why people think that Scouts won't be available; it's a USR and doesn't need to be specifically referenced in the mission. (Deep Strike and Infiltrate both have older versions that required mission permission- ha ha!- in order to use them with some units. Scouts doesn't have this text on any remaining versions, to the best of my knowledge.)

I mean, none of the missions list Feel No Pain as a special rule, either, but I'm pretty sure it still works.

Force21
05-08-2010, 01:18 AM
3 kill points are awarded for each unit destroyed that
has the potential to move over 6” in a single phase of
the game turn.

yay my IG Blobs will have a chance....

probably not really though....:(

also even the Russes will get owned...

*edit*

Yay Victory Points!

I love Victory Points over Kill Points.

plasticaddict
05-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Only one objective based mission followed by a victory point and kill point, should be different.

rcm2216
05-08-2010, 10:37 PM
GW saw the direction of the meta game in the US, then threw a twist and monkey wrench in the game. They watch the threads and army list generated for other events, then try make rules to detour them for Ard Boyz to make things a little more interesting for the competitive players. The competitive player should see this as a challenge, when the player with lesser skills should see a hugh hurdle. How to make my list work even when the biggest monkey wrench gets thrown in my way. I am up to the challenge to see how I do with my list probaly only adding another troop selection.

DarkLink
05-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Yeah, Rhinos and Chimeras just became a huge disadvantage in the KP game. Normally, who cares if you lose 3-4 of them. Now, though, that's 9-12 KPs. Armies with low vehicle counts just got a big advantage in that mission.

Makes me glad I use a few Land Raiders instead of a wall of Rhinos.

Schnitzel
05-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah, Rhinos and Chimeras just became a huge disadvantage in the KP game. Normally, who cares if you lose 3-4 of them. Now, though, that's 9-12 KPs. Armies with low vehicle counts just got a big advantage in that mission.

Makes me glad I use a few Land Raiders instead of a wall of Rhinos.

This was the final push for me to switch to three Stormravens. Cut off roughly 8 KPs with that.

DarkLink
05-09-2010, 03:15 PM
This was the final push for me to switch to three Stormravens. Cut off roughly 8 KPs with that.

Nice. Too bad the GK codex isn't coming out first:(. I'd love to get some ravens and other new toys to try out in a 2500pt tournament.