PDA

View Full Version : Glory hogs and run???

volrath8754
05-07-2010, 11:55 AM
So glory hogs says tank bustas must shoot at a vehicle if able. Can my opponent run his squad to make them unable to shoot??? I think this is BS and not raw at all. But seriously I need an informed argument. He says that since their is no specific time in which he is forced to check if they are "able" to shoot he should be allowed to run then check to see if they are "able" to shoot.

By the by he plays them as if he had to shoot normally but with ard boyz coming up we're both debating some of the more obscure rules...

Fellend
05-07-2010, 12:33 PM
So glory hogs says tank bustas must shoot at a vehicle if able. Can my opponent run his squad to make them unable to shoot??? I think this is BS and not raw at all. But seriously I need an informed argument. He says that since their is no specific time in which he is forced to check if they are "able" to shoot he should be allowed to run then check to see if they are "able" to shoot.

By the by he plays them as if he had to shoot normally but with ard boyz coming up we're both debating some of the more obscure rules...

Because the rule says that they must always attempt to shoot or assault any vehicle in LOS that means exactly that they must attempt to shoot. Running isn't shooting. Should they fail to have a vehicle in LOS they are allowed to shoot normally (I'd assume this means run as well as running was not available in fourth ed)

volrath8754
05-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Ok so when exactly do you check to see if they have los??? During the moment phase, maybe during the shooting phase after you have ran?????

joescalise
05-07-2010, 01:11 PM
If at the beginning of the shooting phase he has line of sight he has to either shoot to assualt. You can run instead of shooting if he had that option. But is says he must shoot or assualt so if he can he has to.

Fellend
05-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Ok so when exactly do you check to see if they have los??? During the moment phase, maybe during the shooting phase after you have ran?????

Well as soon as he wants to use the tank busters in the shooting phase he checks to see if they can. And at the very latest before he ends his shooting phase.

Paradox
05-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Agree.

In the shooting phase, if they see an enemy vehicle prior to deciding what they are going to do in their shooting phase, they must shoot it, above any other option in the shooting phase which would be otherwise available to them (including running).

Perfectly fits in with their background (as it should) *ahh, vehicle, KABOOM KABOOM!*

Of course, one extra place to check may be the codex's FAQ. This may have been covered if the GW people have had other ideas, but i think the ruling is pretty cut and dry.

Melissia
05-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Remember, you Run instead of shooting. So you decide whether or not to Run in the shooting phase.

if Tankbustaz can shoot at a target, they must. They cannot choose not to shoot.