PDA

View Full Version : Wave 4 sighted.

Mr Mystery
05-21-2016, 04:32 AM
Here you go :) pics lifted from my mate Bryan's post to a Facebook group. Origin of pics Unknown.

For my ha'penny worth, this is much more like it - I was somewhat underwhelmed by Wave 3!

Mmmmm. Interdictor!

And confirmed :) (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/5/20/swm-its-a-trap/)

0rph3u5
05-23-2016, 01:36 AM
Two quick observations:

The Interdictor (combat refit) has Engineering 5. That's a new highest base value, as the Big ship only have 4 base. This might be the come-back-king.

The MC80 (battle cruiser) does not have a "Contain" token per se, a first for a Big ship. Considering how devastating some of the crits can be to a Big Ship not having that token is a huge suprise.

Erik Setzer
05-23-2016, 09:51 AM
It's nice to have another MC80 to use, and a different type as well (less broadside, more straight-ahead). I think a combination of them will do well. The Interdictor concerns me a bit as a Rebel player, because if it's anything like the fiction, it's going to be a PITA, and pretty much target priority. I think the high Engineering is a reflection of that reality, plus the fact it's got to have a lot of engineering crew on board to help with the projectors, and might even use that for some of its abilities. It'll probably spend a lot of the game just trying to fix itself, though.

Brenlak
07-23-2016, 10:53 PM
sorry I am not down with the lingo, whats a PITA?

0rph3u5
07-26-2016, 04:31 AM

It's a ackronym for a sensation you might experience when falling down

Erik Setzer
07-30-2016, 09:25 AM

"Pain In The A__." It's a "nicer" way of saying it.