PDA

View Full Version : Thor: Ragnarok

eldargal
05-21-2016, 04:13 AM
http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/9/40/573f502b0fd8c.jpg

I am Hela excited.
https://38.media.tumblr.com/5b3191f6731559f96eadb3e0ad839b09/tumblr_n7gh94WxwC1sp9fdno1_400.gif

Two-time Oscar®-winner Cate Blanchett (“Blue Jasmine,” “Carol, “Cinderella”) joins Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok” as the mysterious and powerful new villain Hela, along with Jeff Goldblum (the upcoming “Independence Day: Resurgence,” “The Grand Budapest Hotel,” “Jurassic Park”) who joins the cast as the eccentric Grandmaster, Tessa Thompson (“Creed,” “Selma”) who will bring the classic hero Valkyrie to life on the big screen, and Karl Urban (“Star Trek” trilogy, “The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King”) who will add his might to the fray as Skurge.
From Marvel dot com (http://marvel.com/news/movies/26203/marvel_studios_confirms_stellar_new_cast_members_o f_the_highly_anticipated_thor_ragnarok)

Valkyrie:
http://upandcomers.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/tessa-thompson-e1418832867430-679x350.jpg

Yay for Jeff Goldblum and Karl Urban too.

Asymmetrical Xeno
05-21-2016, 04:19 AM
Oh shiiiii it's HER
<3

<3 <3 <3

grimmas
05-21-2016, 04:34 AM
Ahem, Karl Urban ("Dredd") 😊

All good additions looking forward to this one

Mr Mystery
05-21-2016, 04:35 AM
Interesting stuff!

After the slightly 'average' Dark World, I'm now looking forward to this one :)

Darren Richardson
05-21-2016, 04:52 AM
Ohh Hela, now that should be interesting, especially since Loki's on the throne....

CoffeeGrunt
05-21-2016, 04:55 AM
I thought I only knew Karl Urban from Dredd until I found out he played Eomer and Bones as well. Damn nerdgasm.

Jeff Goldblum is a bit...well, he could do well, but Cate Blanchett should make for a hella-compelling antagonist. :D

Mr Mystery
05-21-2016, 05:00 AM
And he's in Doom and Ghost Ship.

CoffeeGrunt
05-21-2016, 05:06 AM
And you ruined it. :P

Mr Mystery
05-21-2016, 05:06 AM
He's good in both of those!

Once picked up a bunch of cheap DVDs from CEX. By chance he was in every film, so had a wee Urbanfest to myself.

grimmas
05-21-2016, 05:17 AM
I thought I only knew Karl Urban from Dredd until I found out he played Eomer and Bones as well. Damn nerdgasm.

Jeff Goldblum is a bit...well, he could do well, but Cate Blanchett should make for a hella-compelling antagonist. :D

"What business does an Elf, a man and a dwarf have in the Riddermark!"

I find your lack of nerd disturbing 😜

He was also in Priest which was pretty enjoyable

eldargal
05-21-2016, 05:31 AM
I just hope they don't **** Hela up, or kill her off.

Mr Mystery
05-21-2016, 05:40 AM
With any luck, we'll get a movie for her.

grimmas
05-21-2016, 05:56 AM
With any luck, we'll get a movie for her.

For a baddie? Seems unlikely, it would be a nice change of perspective though.

Asymmetrical Xeno
05-21-2016, 07:17 AM
I just hope they don't **** Hela up, or kill her off.

Should have her spinoff, but id settle for her killing Thor off.

CoffeeGrunt
05-21-2016, 04:37 PM
Pff, in the MCU? Unlikely, but it'd be a surprise to get people's attention.

Erik Setzer
05-23-2016, 10:17 AM
Okay, those characters sound good and all, but when can we expect to hear about a casting choice for Angela? She's Thor's sister, she damn well deserves to be in the movie.

eldargal
05-24-2016, 08:06 AM
Really hoping now that Perlmutter has beens sidelines from Marvel by Disney that in phase 4 of the MCU we just get wall to wall female led films, including Angela. Angela, Sera and Leah just kicking arse non-stop.

Erik Setzer
05-24-2016, 08:49 AM
Won't just be all female-led films, though. They'll want to keep making money off of Cap, Thor, and Iron Man where possible. Ant-Man and Wasp will be a split-lead, though probably more Ant-Man. Still, throwing multiples in there, especially with all they have to choose from, would be fine. If they got an actress for Captain Marvel who was okay with extra work, she could do triple-duty with a standalone movie, A-Force, and The Ultimates (who are mixed-gender, but also include Miss America, Latino lesbian wearing a USA-themed outfit that'd make Trump supporters see red). Pretty much any team other than A-Force will be mixed gender. But you could still do the single-hero movies for Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Mockingbird (though they'd probably include Already-Forgot-His-Name), Black Widow (hopefully a proper movie).

And, of course, Angela. Though I wouldn't mind if they take breaks from ***-kicking for some of their oft-humorous basic-life interactions... even if they lead to more ***-kicking scenes, like when they went to eat out at a ramen joint and a noodle demon appeared. It'd be a challenge, but it'd be fun to see Angela and Sera trying to be a "normal" couple in New York raising Leah, while dealing with the annoyances of Asgard, Heven, Hel, and all the stuff on Midgard itself. (Actually, wait, I want that to be a whole series. We can have 100% ***-kicking movies, but please let them also make that a TV series.)

Oh, and before anyone thinks the use of quotation marks on "normal" meant anything offensive, I used that because they're a pair of renegade-ish angels in the middle of a Ten-Kingdoms-sweeping mess who tend to find themselves in crazy scenarios.