PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Flash Gitz.

Mauglum.
05-05-2010, 04:16 AM
Hi all.
As most of the latest Ork codex is great .

The only unit I have a real problem with is the Flash Gitz.
For two reasons .
1/Completley ignores the original concept of Flash Gitz.(Shooty Boyz.)
2/ Puts expencive flashy gunz on a assault oriented unit.

Ork Nobs exell at close combat assaults , thats what they are designed to do!
Any ranged weapons they carry are just to stop them getting bored while waiting to get to the fun part of stompin' sumfink' close up and personal.:D

Unfortunately 40k doesnt reward duplicity.
So units have to be focused on ONE thing to be the most effective.

I have redone the Flash Gits entry, following the old background material...

Flash Gits 15 pts a Model. 'Sun Gun' Rnge 48"/Str 8/AP 2 Heavy 1
Flash Git 3/ 3*/3/4/1/2/1/7/4+
Kaptin 4/4*/4/4/2/3/3/8/4+ Upgrade one Flash Git to Kaptin +10 pts.

Unit composition. 5 to 10 Flash Gitz.

Unit type. Infanty.

Wargear.
'Eavy Armour (4+ save included in profile)
Sun- Gun(Kustom extended range plasma gun.)
Git Finda.(*+1 BS included in profile)

Up to one unit may replace thier Kapin' with
Kaptin' Badrukk.
Ws/Bs/S/T/W/I/A/ld/sve
4/4*/4/4/2/3/3/9/3+*

3 ammo runts/*Gold toof armour/*Git finda.
Rippa, Range 48"/str 8/AP 2 Heavy 2 gets hot.

The Orks call the Flash Gits wepunz 'Sun Guns' , because they are covered in a ton of bling 'wot urts yer eyes ter look at, like lookin iter da sun'.
And since the ONLY Da best Mek Boys know how to 'spin da realy ott stuff inna proppa whizzy space fingy with supa gubbinz.'(Create a stable plasma containment environment.)

And Only Flash Gits have enough teef to pay for such expencive Mek boys 'Kustom Speshuls'...

The Old background said that Flash Gitz were totaly besotted with large guns and loud nioses.They stand at the edge of the battle field causing as much destruction as they possibly can, (hopfully not hitting too many Orks in the process.)After the battle they persuade the other orks to pay them for services rendered.
Flash Gitz have found that a owning the biggest and most destructive guns left on the battle field helps in thier 'negotiations'...:D

May be make them a 0-1 chioce ?

ONE unit in the Ork Army that can actualy shoot !

Any how what do you folks think.

TTFN

BuFFo
05-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Keep them BS 2 without any upgrades, and then you may be onto something there.

Mauglum.
05-06-2010, 05:41 AM
Hi Buffo.
Here is a slight modification ,see what you think.

Flash Gits 15 pts a Model.
Flash Git 4/ 2/3/4/1/2/2/7/4+

Unit type. Infanty.

Wargear.
Sun- Gun(Kustom extended range plasma gun.)
Git Finda.

'Sun Gun' Rnge 48"/Str 8/AP 2 Heavy 1

Git finda.This is a targeting device that allows the Flash Gits to 'see enimiz betta'.
And gives +1 to the FLash Gitz BS.However, if they are looking down the Git Finda, they can not see whats directly infront of them
Unfortunatley in the scrum to find the best things to shoot , the Flash Gitz sometimes get in each others way.
If the any of the Flash Gitz roll a 1 to hit,an unfortunate Flash Git has wandered in front of anothers Sun Gun ..and is removed as a casualty. :eek:

One unit may upgrade one Flash Git to Kaptin Badrukk.
Profile as Current Ork Codex.

Is this a bit closer?

TTFN
Lanrak.

BuFFo
05-06-2010, 09:12 AM
With the Git Finda, aren't you still making them BS 3? I don't understand how the Git Finda works. If it doesn't give a BS bonus, then why even have it there?

This how I see them;

Flash Git 4/ 2/4/4/1/2/2/7/4+

Unit type. Infanty.

Wargear.
Supa Powwa Rokkits

'Supa Powwa Rokkits' Rnge 36"/Str 9/AP 2 Assault 1

Here are my changes, and my reasons for doing so;

BS 2 - Orks have always had crappy BS, and this is a running theme for their game play.

Strength 4 - Nobs should always have strength 4

Supa Powwa Rokkits- Sun Gun sound like an Eldar weapon. Make the weapon sound orky!

36" - giving the weapon 48" will make the other heavy choices worthless. Also, something doesn't sound right with 45 Lootas and 45 Flash Gitz, hanging back at 48" blasting everything.

Str 9 - Orks already have tons of Rokkits, and there is no need to replicated the weapon again. Give them a strength 9 weapon for dealing with armor.

Assault 1 - Lootas already stand and shoot. Let these guys, who are Nobs with super human strength, carry and fire their massive rokkit launchas.

Removed the 'gets hot' rule - Trust me, Orks hitting on 5's AND dying on a 1 will NOT make anyone want to take the unit! Lootas had this issue in the 3rd edition book, and all people took with them were weapons that didn't need to roll to hit, which was just mortars.

Just remember, this is my opinion, and my opinion is not any better or worse than yours. :D

Mauglum.
05-07-2010, 03:03 AM
Hi Buffo.
I simply wanted to follow the old background , the original Flash Gitz were BOYS not Nobz.

Lootaz are boys with long range weapons that make up for BS 2 by having lots of shots.
(Original lootas frequently used kustomized heavy bolters and autocannons .)

The original Flash gitz tended to use longer range single shot kustom wepunz.(As they were alowed targeters +1 BS.)

Currently the Ork Dex has Nobz mobs on foot , Nobs mobs in power armour, Nob mobs on bikes.
ALL of these make sense and follow the assault theme of the Nobs profile.

Nobs with expencive flashy gunz just dont make sense thematicaly .
Its like having a grot assault mob with twin power fists!

Sounds cool but it is not efficient.

I only used the extended range plasma gun as a basis for the Flash Gits , due to the cool model used in RT Flash gits.I agree longer range rokkit launchaz are a better alternative .

Only since 3rd ed have orks had BS 2.(And Warlord Nazdreg Ug Urdgrub had BS 4.BTW.)

There does seem to be a resistance to increasing the orks BS to 3 though.
How about the git finda allowng to re-roll misses?

Flash Git 4/ 2/4/4/1/2/2/7/4+

Unit type. Infanty.

Wargear.
Supa Powwa Rokkits
Git Findaz.

'Supa Powwa Rokkits' Rnge 48"/Str 9/AP 2 Heavy 1

Git findas allow the Flash Gits to re roll missed to hit rolls.

TTFN