Aelfs are the next faction in the Age of Sigmar release schedule

Look for a multi-week release window on par with January's Fyreslayers

The modelcounts listed are:

2 New Foot Units
1 Oversized cavalry unit
1 Large Monster kit
Aelf Battletome
Aelf Painting Guide
One of the foot units is described as and "Aelf-Dryad" unit, while the big monster kit is described as a "beetle".

Just yesterday, rumormonger Squiggly mentioned the Aelfs with the following details:

The Aelfs are Slyvaneth
The Dryads are armed with halberd/sickle weapons

Speaking of Beetles and Aelf-Dryads kits, these two pics make a lot more sense now...

Kirsten
05-18-2016, 02:20 AM
definitely need some of these

Mr Mystery
05-18-2016, 02:42 AM
I suspect Squiggly has made a rumour out of established known things - like that pic.

The rest? I'm thinking we'll get plastic Treekin. Have a look at the pic of Alarielle, left hand side.

You've got a Treelf (and that they shall remain named until we know betters!) then some kind of Dryad....except the Dryad is behind them, and taller. But not so far behind them it looks to be a Treelord.....So too tall to be a Dryad. Too smol to be a Treelord. And I think it's armed. Only thing I can think of is Treekin....and boy do they need an update.

Enbiggened Cavalry? Your guess is as good as mine. (though I'd love to see Centauroid Trees!)

I'd also expect to see another couple of characters for them, as all the new stuff has three or four character types.

Asymmetrical Xeno
05-18-2016, 05:21 AM
This is the one I've been waiting for!

Auticus
05-18-2016, 06:45 AM
Looks like they are going to be more of the wood elf variety. I'm looking forward to expanding my dark elves, be whatever incarnation they have turned into.

Cap'nSmurfs
05-18-2016, 09:36 AM
A clue to what "Dark" Elves... er, Aelves... will look like are the two in Warhammer Quest, both of whom seem to come from the Realm of Shadow (so they're Malerion's lot).

Asymmetrical Xeno
05-18-2016, 11:19 AM
more mystical Shadow elves sounds cool to me.