PDA

View Full Version : Storm Raven + Dread query

musical-fool
05-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Hi all,

Just re-re-re-reading the BA codex and re-doing my army list when I noticed something:

Under the assigned transport for a Furioso Dread there is only Drop pod

And under the Storm Raven the codex states that it can take 12 marines and/or one Dreadnaught.

Am I correct in understanding that this means that only the Dreads which are under Heavy Support can be transported by the S-Raven?

isotope99
05-04-2010, 02:19 PM
No, only dedicated transports are listed in the unit entry. Other transports that you get separately with their own force organisation slot can transport anyone.

synack
05-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Hi all,

Just re-re-re-reading the BA codex and re-doing my army list when I noticed something:

Under the assigned transport for a Furioso Dread there is only Drop pod

And under the Storm Raven the codex states that it can take 12 marines and/or one Dreadnaught.

Am I correct in understanding that this means that only the Dreads which are under Heavy Support can be transported by the S-Raven?

No.

Dreads can take the Drop as a dedicated transport.

The Storm Raven is not a dedicated transport. It can fieled and then loaded with any dread.

Tynskel
05-04-2010, 02:21 PM
you are mistaking rules for vehicles which can transport other units and vehicles that are Dedicated Transports.

Dedicated Transports are purchased for a unit, and can only be used by such unit during pre-game set-up. After the game begins anyone can use the Dedicated Transport (subject to codex rules). p.67

The Stormraven is just a vehicle that can also transport models. (p.66-67) which can be used by any unit that is capable of embarking the transport.

further note: The Furioso, Death Co. Dread, and Dreadnought all can take the Drop Pod as a Dedicated Transport option. (C:BA p.87, 89, 90, 94)