PDA

View Full Version : Non IC question

Fanbouy
04-30-2010, 12:37 AM
Okay i was just thinking of tactics for mephison and tycho (in the death Co format) who are non IC characters and what vehices would best suit each.

Then i read in the rule book that only infantry units and IC's can get into vehicles, so does that leave all non IC HQ's in the position that they cant get into a vehicle?

So if they cant get into a vehicle or join a unit for protection what do u do to keep them alive and useful? Tycho on foot with DC is then somewhat pointless running from your own board edge.

Mephison has the ability to act as if using a JP but then do u use a 5 man assault squad to form a scrum around hiim to block line of sight, give cover saves and act as ablative wounds?

What you guys think?

sebi81
04-30-2010, 01:42 AM
actually they can embark in vehicles as they are infantry. but they arenīt ICs so they can not join a unit and embark with that unit. that means they can not start the game in a transport dedicated to another unit and they can only embark in an empty transport on their own.
if i remember correctly there are no not dedicated transports in the blood angels list. so the not independent characters can never start the game in a vehicle or be hold in reserve in a vehicle... they can only embark in the first turn in an empty vehicle deployed next to them.

Dingareth
04-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Except the Storm Raven, they could each have their own personal one if you were crazy enough.

Nabterayl
04-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Yeah, remember that Infantry is a unit type, whereas HQ is a Force Organization Chart choice. One can be both Infantry and HQ.

DarkLink
04-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Except the Storm Raven, they could each have their own personal one if you were crazy enough.

Since you can use a Storm Raven to transport a Dread as well, this isn't a bad idea. Mephiston, a pair of dreads, and a unit of DC is one heck of a hammer, and all the Storm Ravens need to do is survive for, what, one turn at the most to get them up in the enemies face?