PDA

View Full Version : Newb Combat Squads Question.

RampageRabbit
04-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Ok, I know that I can break a squad into two combat squads when I deploy them. Could I deploy a tactical squad with a Rhino, split them up into two combat squads, but leave them both in the Rhino so that later I could disembark one but keep the other in the Rhino? I know that transports can only begin deployed with the squad they're assigned to, but I don't know that that prevents me from doing this.

Lord Azaghul
04-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Ok, I know that I can break a squad into two combat squads when I deploy them. Could I deploy a tactical squad with a Rhino, split them up into two combat squads, but leave them both in the Rhino so that later I could disembark one but keep the other in the Rhino? I know that transports can only begin deployed with the squad they're assigned to, but I don't know that that prevents me from doing this.

No you may not. Once you combat squad they become 2 seperate units. And at no time may two units be in the same transport.

RampageRabbit
04-29-2010, 01:33 PM
I figured it would probably not be allowed, but I wanted to make sure since I was confused as to when exactly they became separate units for the purpose of that game. Thanks for the prompt response!

catalyst2
04-29-2010, 07:16 PM
@RampageRabbit - squads coming out of Drop Pods do have a different rule though. They can embark as one squad in the DP and then combat squad (as long as they are eligible to do so) when they hit the table if they wish.