PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Slaughter Formations & Special Rules

Bigred
04-09-2016, 11:29 PM
images via Mark P.‎ on Blood God Gaming (https://www.facebook.com/groups/bloodgodgaming/)(Facebook)

Bigred
04-09-2016, 11:34 PM
images via Mark P.‎ on Blood God Gaming (https://www.facebook.com/groups/bloodgodgaming/)(Facebook)

Crimson Slaughter Special Rules

Charon
04-10-2016, 02:50 AM
These look a lot better than the BL ones. I still dont get why they cant have decurions like everybody else and have to include every single fomation.

bob sprocket
04-10-2016, 04:15 AM
No special characters or daemon princes in CS forces though.

This is from p50 of the new book. Wording is a slight change from previously.

Jared van Kell
04-10-2016, 10:17 AM
These look a lot better than the BL ones. I still dont get why they cant have decurions like everybody else and have to include every single fomation.

Because Chaos Spacemarines do not have a decurion formation in their main codex so there is nothing for the Crimson Slaughter and the Black Legion to build on. The Tau and Spacemarines are a good example here as in both Kauyon and Mont'Ka the White Scars, Raven Guard and Farsight Enclaves had decurions that still drew from the formations in the parent codecies. It is more likely that once the Chaos Spacemarine codex comes out with a decurion there will be a campaign that gives both the Black Legion and the Crimson Slaughter a decurion of their own which will include the formations listed in the current codicies as well as include formations from the parent codex.

JvK :cool:

Charon
04-10-2016, 10:34 AM
So you say it was too difficult to give them a decurion in these books instead of making a formation of formations that is 2100 points without equipment and only with minimum units?

Best thing is that Space Marines got new units AGAIN. One of them (and that is the bigges joke) is the Wordbearers Contemptor from the calth box...

Jared van Kell
04-10-2016, 10:50 AM
So you say it was too difficult to give them a decurion in these books instead of making a formation of formations that is 2100 points without equipment and only with minimum units?

What I am saying is that there are not enough formations in the Black Legion and Crimson Slaughter books to give them their own decurion. Each of the variant decurions draw formations from the main codex or, in the case of the Space Wolves and Chaos Daemons, are now included in their main codicies. I don't like this situation any more than you do but this is essentially the jist of it.

JvK :cool:

Captain Bubonicus
04-10-2016, 07:12 PM

2100 pts at a minimum? Geez, what's the point?

Denken
04-10-2016, 11:11 PM
They do not have a decurion but the Red Onslaught, as a formation of formations, kind of play a similar role, isn't it?

Dr. Slasher
04-13-2016, 12:53 PM
Could they still use Zhufor? He doesn't have votlw on his profile and would help me with the loss of Huron

Eisai
04-14-2016, 03:28 PM

I counted "only" 1890.
Edit: 2070, I forgot the Chosen

That is for:
2 Lords
1 Sorcerer
2 Dark Apostoles
2 Chaos Space Marines
4 Cultist
2 Chosen
2 Chaos Terminators
4 Possessed
1 Raptor
1 Land Raider
1 Hellbrute

Add some rhinos (csm, chosen, maybe possessed), basic upgrades, meltas etc and you will be over 2000 easily. All those squads are 5-man except cultists, so you could even go into 3000 with more reliable sizes and all special gadgets.
I do not think this force can face in a fair fight 3 knights with some backup. I do not think that the big formation is a good way to go.

But all CSM formations can be Crimson Slaughter formations. So free Fear everywhere (almost like chapter tactics). And you can use artifacts from both CSM and Crimson Slaughter. Can Black Legion do that?
And no Veterans of Long War tax is better than taking it obligatory everywhere...

I am not versed with the rules, and I did not saw all the Black Legion/Crimson Slaughter, but that looks like Crimson Slaughter a good place to look for CSM armies whatever do you field.

Defenestratus
04-14-2016, 03:40 PM
Oh man I absolutely love that "Signs and Portents" rule. That is absolutely hilariously awesome and I'd go out of my way to try and roll 2D6 against Chaos just to make it happen.

Charon
04-15-2016, 03:08 AM
I counted "only" 1890.

Maybe you missed a formation, the number is above 2k, I did it again and it is exactly 2065.

Yes Black Legion can do the same. The major issue with Crimson slaughter (aside from a weak codex) is you cant pick daemon princes or anything that actually HAS VotlW as they changed the wording from "cant upgrade" to "cant have".

But well the point is moot anyways as loyal space marines just got a better and cheaper equivalent to CSM terminators.

I really wonder why this "****storm" of "chaos cant get imperial stuff because that would make them to similar to spacemarines" only happens when CSM players would like to have some stuff, but never happens when SM players get a better carbon copy of CSM stuff.

I wonder when this goes the full circle of "nah you cant have better terminators because that make them like Cataphractii that Space Marines have!"
Did work with chapter tactics that way, dont see why this should be any different.