PDA

View Full Version : Moving to SE Texas

jwentzel
04-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Hello fellow war gamers, I am going to be relocating to the Southeast Texas area (Beaumont) and am wondering if there are any gaming clubs in that area? If not clubs how about gamers, I play 40K, and am wanting to pick up Fantasy since there is a new rule set debuting in July I figured it would be a good time to learn. If any fellow readers are from that area I would really appreciate a post so I do not feel like a stranger in a different land.

Bigred
04-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Hi jwentzel,

Welcome to the Lounge!

Most of the BoLS crew is out of Austin which is a little far for you. I would start to scope out the stores in the Houston area (there are many). You should also grab a White Dwarf and look in the Texas section of the directory for anything in the Beaumont area. In general, Texas has a LOT of gaming stores, so you should have decent options in any case.

-bigred

david5th
04-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Hello and welcome jwentzel. Sorry i can't help with your question.

Just_Me
05-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Welcome to BoLS!

I'm on the other side of the country, so I can't help you with your specific search, but it's good to have you aboard nonetheless.

jwentzel
05-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah I am in MD right now but i'm moving to TX on the 14th of May

crazyredpraetorian
05-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Howdy and welcome to Tejas!:D... I live in Austin now but I am from the Beaumont area. There is a store called The Book Stan on Phelan in Beaumont. They have been in business for over 30 years. They have play space, carry a full line of GW, and host a local gaming group called The Dice Monkies.

Majorcrash
05-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Hi jwentzel,

I live on the NW side of houston, and there are still a few independents around, but most have been driven out by the evil Empire. Just kidding your best bet would be to check out the local GW stores in your area. I dont personally know of a store in the Beamont area. but I think depending where you are exactly you should find one. The great thing about Houston is that it is crisscrossed by several major highways and nothingis more than 30min away. By the way in Houston as well as Texas we measure distances by travel time instead of miles. If I told you I drive 45 miles to a game it sounds horrible, but 30 mins aint so bad. By the way welcome to Texas and remmber it doesnt really get HOT till august:D