PDA

View Full Version : Tomb King Fluffy Army Idea

jaysar87
04-27-2010, 06:31 AM
I was thinking of doing a fluffy army for tomb kings, and was wondering what people thought.

In the army book, the "Tales from the Oasis" gave me an idea.

I was thinking of the city of Numas, where the living fight side by side with the dead and I though about adding living models to the units of skeletons. Obviously for game reasons they have skeleton stats, but it's just for the look.

I was thinking of using harad models from the lord of the rings games as they are desert people and have them mixed in with the skellie units. I would also convert up a couple of chariots and have harad riders as well.

Comments?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
04-27-2010, 07:47 AM
You might run into some trouble with scale - Lord of the Rings minis are noticeably smaller than Warhammer minis. I remember seeing one article on the website, though, which made good living skeleton warriors by mixing catachan parts with skeleton warrior weapons.

Gooball
04-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Try Dogs of War, as far as i know Tomb Kings can still take Dogs of War units and most of them are alive, some of them are pretty awesome, like pikemen with arrows that can stand and shoot, fight in 4 ranks and always strike first!

j-orge-287
04-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Maybe empire/brettonia foot soldiers with tomb kings weapons would work-they're human and they have similar stature ti tomb kings-especially brettonia men at arms

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
04-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Here's the army I was talking about. (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=4300011a)

Good looking conversion, a great way to give living models a Tomb King style.

j-orge-287
04-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Why didn't i think of those

CitizenZero
05-27-2010, 06:08 PM
I had the same idea! I was going to use the army of the living that was already posted...but was more interested in how to do the Prince Tutankhamut (sp) conversion...he supposedly died at the age of 15, and now has a body of pure gold.

Any thoughts on THAT conversion?

Emperorsmercy
06-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Nice idea, would love a bit more background without having to buy the book :D

May I suggest buying a box of empire men and doing some heavy conversions? Or simply Green stuff.