PDA

View Full Version : magna grapple vs vehicle squadrons

CrimsonFist1149
04-23-2010, 08:39 PM
ok i have a question. how does the magna grapple work on vehicle squadrons? does it move just one of the vehicles or all of them? because you can't move the vehicles apart from each other, thats why an immobilised result counts as a destroyed result

Sir Biscuit
04-23-2010, 08:52 PM
It's simple, actually. You just pull the one vehicle. If you pull it out of squad coherency, that's tough **** for your opponent, who will have to move them back into coherency his next turn.

A nasty trick, really.

CrimsonFist1149
04-23-2010, 08:55 PM
yeah thats pretty much what i figured. that seems way to cheesy though

Tynskel
04-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Things get even iffier after that.

Now the Dread Charges the tank--- lets say a Death Co dread, with Blood Claws (not talons). That's 5 attacks (p.89 C:BA)... and the vehicles remained stationary--- you auto pen with all 5---- even though the tank is possibly up to 12" out of coherency (a foot away from the other tanks!!!!) because the squadron is a unit, you have to distribute the hits evenly throughout the squad--- possible killing the squadron. p. 64

Nabterayl
04-24-2010, 01:06 AM
Absolutely. Remember that the rule is that your opponent can't move his own tanks out of coherency. You can move his tanks out of coherency, and he can kill his own tanks so that they're out of coherency. Being out of coherency just means that the unit has to move into coherency in its next movement phase. There's no general rule stating that units cannot ever be out of coherency.

BuFFo
04-24-2010, 05:18 AM
Yup Yup... Fully agree with the above.

Tynskel
04-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Mechanically, I think this is dumb.

But, oh well!

Duke
04-24-2010, 02:24 PM
it is dumb, but also hella funny... i agree with it working

faboulous60
04-24-2010, 03:08 PM
that is nasty

Lord Azaghul
04-26-2010, 07:03 AM
mechanically, i think this is dumb.

But, oh well!

qft.

Vaktathi
04-26-2010, 05:22 PM
This is why we don't take tanks in squadrons, as the rules for them make little sense and function even worse.

Tynskel
04-26-2010, 10:23 PM
qft.

?

Lord Azaghul
04-27-2010, 06:35 AM
Quoted for Truth.

See I was agreeing with you.

I had also typed a nice little 'stop messing up the game gw' rant, but decided against it, so I simply settled on QFT!:p

Tynskel
04-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Quoted for Truth.

See I was agreeing with you.

I had also typed a nice little 'stop messing up the game gw' rant, but decided against it, so I simply settled on QFT!:p

ahhahahahhahahhaaha

See--- two different mind sets here...

I thought you said Quit ****ing Talking....

hahahahhaha

whooopppps!

therealjohnny5
04-27-2010, 03:40 PM
see and i thought it was the affirmative, Quite ****ing True

Lord Azaghul
04-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Well its nice to know I'm so misunderstood!:p

Vaktathi
04-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Looking over the vehicle squadron rules and those for Magna grapple, the owner of the Squadron would get to allocate the hit, and as a result would probably allocate it to the furthest one possible, making it unlikely to get it grappled very close.

Also, given that it's been moved, would there be any modification in what the dread would need to hit the tank?

Nabterayl
04-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Looking over the vehicle squadron rules and those for Magna grapple, the owner of the Squadron would get to allocate the hit, and as a result would probably allocate it to the furthest one possible, making it unlikely to get it grappled very close.
Very true.

Also, given that it's been moved, would there be any modification in what the dread would need to hit the tank?
I don't think so, no, beyond what the tank did in its last movement phase.

Tynskel
04-28-2010, 12:30 AM
The magna grapple is just a shooting attack, so the normal shooting rules apply (ie, cover saves when applicable, LOS, skimmer in flat out, ect.)

Sir Biscuit
04-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Also, if one vehicle is in front of the other (from the dreads perspective) you can allocate the hit to the rear vehicle, and it will stop being dragged as soon as it gets within 1" of its squadmate. Friends are for helping, after all. =D

TSINI
04-28-2010, 09:23 AM
lol, although i think it's cool to have fun new weapons, and it does have that "GET OVER HERE!!" feel that suits a blood angels dreadnought, the physics aware side of me still can't get over the fact that the obviously heavier tank, with the larger surface area in contact with the ground + lower centre of graity, shouldn't be able to be pulled around by the top heavy tiny footed dreadnought.

but hey, who cares right :D

Tynskel
04-28-2010, 12:54 PM
lol, although i think it's cool to have fun new weapons, and it does have that "GET OVER HERE!!" feel that suits a blood angels dreadnought, the physics aware side of me still can't get over the fact that the obviously heavier tank, with the larger surface area in contact with the ground + lower centre of graity, shouldn't be able to be pulled around by the top heavy tiny footed dreadnought.

but hey, who cares right :D

Duddddde

It's totally magnets in the feet--- they interact with the EARTH's magnetic field! Woah!