PDA

View Full Version : Gets Hot!

Enemy5
04-23-2010, 06:34 PM
When firing a Plasma Weapon and rolling a 1 to-hit triggering the "Gets Hot!" rule, would a Space Marine get a saving throw or no? Weapon is AP 2, so I imagine there would be no save. Is this correct, or would you still get a normal armor save?

RampageRabbit
04-23-2010, 07:16 PM
I believe they get an armor save. Page 31 of the mini Rulebook that comes with the starter says the following:

"For each result of a 1 rolled on its to hit rolls the firing model suffers a wound (normal saves apply)"

BuFFo
04-23-2010, 07:33 PM
When firing a Plasma Weapon and rolling a 1 to-hit triggering the "Gets Hot!" rule, would a Space Marine get a saving throw or no? Weapon is AP 2, so I imagine there would be no save. Is this correct, or would you still get a normal armor save?

Yes it would.

DarkLink
04-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Yes it would.

Heh, that made me chuckle a little. Reminds me of a quote from lucky number slevin. Great movie btw. You never quite know what's going on until after the fact, but in this case that's a good thing.

Commissar Lewis
04-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Yeah, they would get an armor save as the plasma gun isn't hitting the model with a plasma bolt; the cooling system fails and it jets out scalding steam or whatever that burns the model.

Lykum
04-29-2010, 09:12 AM
I believe they get an armor save. Page 31 of the mini Rulebook that comes with the starter says the following:

"For each result of a 1 rolled on its to hit rolls the firing model suffers a wound (normal saves apply)"

So could you get a cover save? Fluff wise, the gun is in his hand so I would say no, but it is a normal save. I haven't found anything BRB-wise that expands on these normal saves. To me, a normal save would be one that uses the weapon's profile vs the model's armor.

Having said all that, I am sick of having my Skull Champion melt into a puddle of goo on a 1, so I would like to see something concrete that backs up the use of his armor save.

Henshini
04-29-2010, 09:17 AM
That's it, it just says takes a wound, it doesn't say takes a wound from a S7 AP2 weapon. It's like perils or dangerous terrain, except those explicitly disallow certain types of saves.

lobster-overlord
04-29-2010, 09:45 AM
so I would like to see something concrete that backs up the use of his armor save.

As stated in the second post of this thread... pg 31 BRB, "(normal saves apply)"

It has always been that the model takes a savable wound.

synack
04-29-2010, 10:10 AM
You get your armour save and if you have it, you get FnP too.

BuFFo
04-29-2010, 10:24 AM
You get your armour save and if you have it, you get FnP too.

You also add a bonus if you are mounted on a steed as well as getting to use your Ward save.

Paul
04-29-2010, 01:00 PM
What happens if you're in a transport and you take 25% casualties during your own shooting phase from your own plasma weapons? Say, 3 vets die out of a squad of ten, or two from a CCS or PCS.

Can you fall back if you're in a transport?

Nabterayl
04-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Oh lord ... please don't start that one again. Last time somebody asked that question the debate ran to what, 100 posts?

Short answer: nobody knows. The rulebook simply does not cover this situation.

Tynskel
04-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Main Rulebook p. 3053

"If models in a transport have to take a Ld test, the game ends, due to a psychic backlash of the warp ripping open. If you are a Daemon Player you automatically win. If you are a Daemon Hunter Player, you can use your Aegis Suit to stop the Psychic Backlash, allowing the ignoring of the Ld test. If you are anyone else (including Chaos-- you sold your souls to oblivion), you lose."

DarkLink
04-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Main Rulebook p. 3053

"If models in a transport have to take a Ld test, the game ends, due to a psychic backlash of the warp ripping open. If you are a Daemon Player you automatically win. If you are a Daemon Hunter Player, you can use your Aegis Suit to stop the Psychic Backlash, allowing the ignoring of the Ld test. If you are anyone else (including Chaos-- you sold your souls to oblivion), you lose."

Yeah, we Grey Knights are awesome. If you're lucky, and Emperor-fearing, we might just be convinced to use our vast power to teleport you out of the transport and save your puny lives:D.

Eusebius Rex
04-30-2010, 11:39 AM
So vehicles are immune to Gets Hot!, right?

Culven
04-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Correct. Vehicles are specifically exempt. In addition, vehicles can't take wounds.

BuFFo
04-30-2010, 11:54 AM
So vehicles are immune to Gets Hot!, right?

Vehicles grant it's passengers Regeneration and Immunity to Flame based weaponry.