PDA

View Full Version : GeneCult Unique Characters

son_of_volmer
03-14-2016, 11:25 PM
My brother just scooped up three sets of Genestealer Cult models and we were throwing around a few ways he could field his models... but then someone pointed out all three HQ are unique characters, so fielding two of the same HQ model technically isn't permitted.

We really want to field the 600 point Ghosar Quintus Broodkin formation, then a CAD with two Magus' as HQs. The Magus doesn't have any wargear or special rules that make him distinct. Sure, we've never seen this specific model in the game, but it has all the feel of generic HQ character.

Can anyone think of any other Unique special characters in 40k that aren't equipped with unique wargear or nor have additional/unique rules?

Is there really any cause for a potential opponent to get bent out of shape over a Genestealer Cult army fielding multiple Magus'? (I realize that the Patriarch has additional rules that sets it apart from the generic Broodlord)

Deacon Ix
03-15-2016, 02:58 AM
Off the top of my head, no, I can't think of any unique characters without a unique item of wargear or rule but...

I do remember reading that even though you have a unique character, say Dante, this don't stop you using it in an army which is not the one the Codex is on. Admittedly the reference was to successor chapters, so if you made up your own BA successor chapter then you could have a Chapter Master called Donte and use the Dante rules and model.

But in your case I would just call the Maguss (Magi?) generic characters and use the same rules, you would have to speak to your opponent first as it is not technical within the rules but I wouldn't think that it would be an issue.

Badtucker
03-15-2016, 05:28 AM
spacial named characters are unique, you can only ever have one in an army - ulitmately theres only one dante, regardless on if hes painted flesh tearers or not, no one would let you play more than one of him. But end of the day, you can play what you want, its your hobby, just dont expect others to agree outside the circle of friends. but until they drop a codex, your limited really on your choices with the cult.

Mr Mystery
03-15-2016, 05:57 AM
They're listed as 'Character (Unique)' so strictly speaking you can only have the one.

However, if your opponent agrees field more than that if you wish.