PDA

View Full Version : Hiring a vehicle after imobbilising it

Duke
04-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Ok so last night I played a game and as such I have more questions:

1. I moved a rhino flat out (fast vehicle for blood angels) in my turn. During my oppnents shooting phase he immobilized the vehicle. He then assaulted the vehicle. Does he:

a. Hit the vehicle automaticlly as it is now "immobilized," or
b. Hit the vehicle on a 6 because it moved flat out in it's previous turn.

I know this isn't the most advanced question in the world but i had to ask.

Thanks,
duke

ps- just noticed that the thread name says "hiring," not "hitting," ... Stupid phone auto spell!

DarkLink
04-23-2010, 12:41 PM
I was gonna say, what's hiring a vehicle mean:p.

Anyways, he hits automatically. Once the vehicle becomes immobilized, it doesn't matter how fast it moved anymore.

EnglishInquisition
04-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Only reason I looked at this was because of "hiring"!
Anyway- auto hits because you are immobile when the assault takes place.

BuFFo
04-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Auto hits.

Meet me in the Oubliette and I'll show you some cheap vehicles you can hire.... ssssssshhhhhhhhhh.....

Tynskel
04-23-2010, 04:10 PM
p. 63

Attacking a vehicle that is immobilized or was stationary in its previous turn----- D6 roll needed--- Automatic.

Would be different if the rule said:

Attacking a vehicle that is immobilized, or was stationary, in its previous turn----- D6 roll needed--- Automatic.

But because the commas are not in there, immobilized is independent of 'in its previous turn'

04-23-2010, 04:16 PM
This has come up quite a few times in my group and we've always played it as still needing to roll to hit it. Perhaps I'll look over the rule a bit more carefully. :)

Tynskel
04-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Auto hits.

Meet me in the Oubliette and I'll show you some cheap vehicles you can hire.... ssssssshhhhhhhhhh.....

Daaaamn, I was just in my mom's bed, but I didn't see you there!