PDA

View Full Version : What to do about cables

FaultyVoodoo
04-22-2010, 07:17 AM
I'm in the middle of painting my DP, and I don't know what to do about the Cables descending from his torso. Normally I would leave them Boltgun/mithril, but since this is an Iron warriors DP, that leaves it kind of bland.

JamesP
04-22-2010, 07:54 AM
How about doing half of the cables in yellow and half of them in black, to echo the yellow/black 'hazard markings' that feature on a lot of Iron Warriors models?

Alternatively, you could paint each cable in yellow and black stripes.

Otherwise, what colour(s) are you painting the DP's flesh/ horns/ claws/ eyes in? You could use one of those, or a metallic version of one of them.

lobster-overlord
04-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Iron Warriors in many incarnations tend to have a lot of the yellow and black caution striping, which I really like (If I build chaos ever, IW is the way for me). I could see some being left black, while others could be yellow. I don't know your color scheme, but if it's a standard IW build, this could work. Also, because they are techy, doing them in standard wire/cable colors might look good too (like red and blue, as in "don't clip the blue one or we'll all blow up") I agree that mithril/boltgun will be pretty bland on an IW scheme, so going counter to that might be what it needs. Post a pic of what you have and more suggestions might be in order.

John M.

Lord Azaghul
04-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Stick with the bolt gun/mitherial, but wash it a couple of times with some delven mud or Ogryn flesh. It adds a nice contrast.

isotope99
04-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Tin Bitz is my recommendation, a more coppery colour but still metallic.

Hazard markings are good if you can pull them off, but freehand parallel lines with equal spacing is one of the hardest things to paint.

fade_74
04-22-2010, 04:39 PM
I would paint them mithral silver and then wash them with devlan mud. Once that is all dry I would wash with scorpion green a few times. then highlight again with mithral. This gives em kinda a dried green guts look that is pretty cool.

FaultyVoodoo
04-22-2010, 05:54 PM
I ended up painting all the cables golden yellow with the flat parts red gore and blood red (Cant figure out if these are supposed to be organic or if they are just messed up molds) as I like the contrast and Black cables are impossible to see against the badab black washed boltgun of the body. I only hazard striped the two most prominent cables and I liked it.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4058/4544024441_6d9e486ab1_b.jpg/

Image isn't loading on flickr, not sure why