PDA

View Full Version : Reassigning Dedicated Transports

synack
04-22-2010, 12:31 AM
Right, don't have the rule book in front of me, so I may get this all horribly wrong, which is why I'm posting to ask.

Am I correct in thinking/understanding, that you can buy a dedicated transport for a unit, but that unit doesn't actually have to start the game in the transport and other units can then claim it as a transport.

If his holds true, does it hold true for transports in reserve. If they can, does it work for drop pods?

IE: can I buy a drop pod as a dedicated transport for a group of marines, but then start them on the board and give the pod to a command squad?

musical-fool
04-22-2010, 03:19 AM
second paragraph under dedicated transports (translated from French)

"the only limit for a dedicated transport is that when it is deployed, it can only transport the unit to which it is dedicated (and any independant characters). After the start of the game it may transport any friendly unit while respecting the normal rules for transports."

So I am saying "no" to your question because the dedicated transport can only be deployed either with the unit that bought the transport or empty.

however if you were to use a Rhino, etc. Then you would be able to deploy the transport empty, then pick up any squad that is allowed to ride inside a Rhino (i.e. no termies)

hope this helps...

sebi81
04-22-2010, 04:21 AM
the difference between dedicated transports and not dedicated ones is, that dedicated transports can only be deployed with the unit they´re bought for or empty. so other units can embark and be transported, but can not use the dedicated transport when arriving on the table.

you can put a unit next to a rhino dedicated to another unit at deployment and embark in turn 1. but you can´t put a unit in a droppod dedicated to another unit and deepstrike with it. droppods can only deepstrike with their unit or empty.