PDA

View Full Version : Magnetizing the Stormsurge?

Blackcloud6
03-07-2016, 07:57 AM
Are there any videos or articles out there on magnetizing the Tau Stormsurge model? Any hints and tips from anyone?

Iceman
03-08-2016, 07:41 AM
It's actually pretty straightforward since there are only a few options. I don't have any pictures handy, but can provide them later if necessary. Basically you only have to magnetize the weapon arm and one or two spots on the suit for the suit systems. I put a small magnet on the non-weapon arm as well as one on the back where the 3 hatch options go. I have two suits. In one case I simply glued on the option with the open hatch and magnetized that. In the other I went all out and magnetized all three hatch options.

Let me know if you need pictures.

Blackcloud6
03-08-2016, 07:54 AM
Thanks.

What about the Pulse Blast Cannon/Pulse Driver Cannon? I was thinking to make the front of the cannon exchangeable so to be able to use either. I know the back of that cannon changes depending on which one is used but that really doesn't matter.

Iceman
03-08-2016, 11:04 AM
Whoops! I got the Ghostkeel and Stormsurge mixed up. I was describing the Ghostkeel. When magnetizing the Stormsurge, I magnetized the secondary twin-linked weapons by putting magnets in the mount and the weapons and then magnetized the systems upgrades by putting magnets on a couple of appropriate hard points. I use the same polarity across all my suits so I can use the weapons and systems on any suit.
As far as the cannon goes, I did what you are thinking of. The front of the cannon fits pretty tightly into the back. I then put a magnet on the side of the back part that allowed me to swap out the tubing depending on which cannon front I put in. It's not perfect since there are other bits involved as well but it is very clear which cannon is mounted.

Blackcloud6
03-08-2016, 11:19 AM
I was describing the Ghostkeel.

Heh... Well I was wondering when you mentioned "arms" but figured you knew what you were talking about because I was still working on the legs.

What you did with the Stormsurge is what I am planning to do so it looks it must work.